Chapter 3: Alpha Daegan

Daegan's POV
"Alpha, everything is ready now and they are waiting for you to check for the last time." Jake, my Beta informs me.

"Okay." I don't even look up from my papers or try to give him a little smile for his hard work. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an arrogant, bossy Alpha like the other Alpha wolves you can always find in other werewolf packs but I really don't have time to be a nice person at this moment. Blood Moon festival is starting from tomorrow and there are so many things I need to finish before guest starts coming here.

Blood Moon festival is the biggest festival for werewolves. Every recognised werewolf packs in this world are going to come here. This festival first started 300 years ago when the Demon Council was created. To reunite the whole werewolf species Vladimir De Amblie, the head of the Demon council and the king of Witch species at that time, advised my grandfather to start a festival where every werewolf packs were required to come and stay for one month. My grandfather, Julio Belville, was the alpha of Bloodriver pack at that time and he was the unwritten leader of werewolves species due to his power and wisdom. No werewolf pack can dares to do anything against the alpha of Blood river pack due to our reputation of being the most powerful and fearsome all worrier werewolves' pack. All members of Blood river, female or male, are all best fighter werewolves you can see on the face of earth, so of course every pack fear us and no pack objected when the Alpha of Bloodriver joined the Demon Council as the ruler of werewolves.

From that time every year this festival being held on our pack ground. Our pack is situated inside a large island called Iezala. No human can see our island. 300 years ago, Vladimir De Amblie himself put a powerful spell on this island to make it invisible to humans, so we werewolves can roam here in our true form without always worrying about any human finding us. Here we have School, College, Market, Hospital, Airport and almost everything a modern family needed to live. All pack members can go outside this island for studying or for any other reasons if they wish so but they have to come here immediately if our pack needs them.

This year's festival is kind of special since my father, Diego Belville is going to officially announce me as the new Alpha of this Bloodriver pack and he is also going to retire as a member of the Demon Council. That's also means that he is about to step down from his position of Werewolves' king. My father is the ruler of werewolves for 150 years since my Grandfather's abdication.

He already made me alpha of this pack five months ago and has a full plan to travel different places of this earth after his stepping down. But he also said that he believes he is going to like any place more than Iezala, so he will travel only for few months.

Now comes the tricky part. After my Grandfather, my father became the ruler of Werewolves without any challenges from any other Alphas. So basically everyone thinks that I am also going to be the ruler without any challenges too. But the new head of the Demon Council told us that, this year there will be an Alpha who will challenge me, the strongest fighter wolf of Blood river for the position of being the next Werewolf King. Well, we are all going to see who that unfortunate Alpha is.

Actually I really don't want to be next leader of werewolves this soon because being a ruler is a great responsibility for your whole species and I am not ready for that. It's possible to create a war between powerful demon species if our leader make a single wrong decision.

But the thing I detest the most about this year festival is, the head of the Demon Council had requested us to tell each pack that they have to bring almost every members of their pack in this year's festival, specially their Omegas.

I can't believe he actually requested us to include Omegas in our festival. We never allowed the Omegas to participants in our festival. Omegas are the werewolves who committed some very serious misdeeds against their pack and now trying to change themselves by living as a labour slave of the pack.