Chapter 17: New King

Daegan's POV:
"Everyone is waiting for you. Are you ready, pup?", I look up for a split second to see my grandpa standing in front of me. I didn't even register his presence in my room. I am just sitting on my bed for who knows how long.

"I think so.", I tell him uncertainty while looking outside the north window.

He heaves a sigh and seat beside me.

"Pup, Look at me.", he orders me.

I know I should look at him. I shouldn't disrespect him by ignoring him. But I can't. I fear if I look at him, he will be able see everything. Then he will know I don't want any of these. He will know I don't want to mate with her but I am going to anyway since I want to rid of this unbearable pain in my heart and continuous yearning for him.

"Look at me, Daegan.", this time he orders me with his powerful Alpha voice. My grandpa, Julio Belville is not someone who can tolerate any kind of disrespect.

My head snap up and my eyes meets two strange grey-gold colour eyes which are exactly like my father's and mine. I thought he will be angry but instead I found him looking at me with a expression of extreme worry.

"What's wrong, pup?", he asks me worriedly while searching my eyes for answers.

"I am just not ready to be the King yet.", I lied. I can't tell him that I got a constant heart ache for a dead male omega.

I tried to shake his image of my head. I know I should stop thinking about him, specially because today I am going to be mated with world's most beautiful and powerful She-Alpha. I know I should be thinking about her beautiful curly blonde hair, her golden skin, her baby blue eyes, her lush hips, her big firm breasts.

But No, I am only thinking of thick but soft looking raven black hair, tall lean but well-built body, pale olive skin, juicy red lips, long thick eyelashes, deep deep blue eyes...

I mentally slap myself. I am thinking about that tricky witch again. But it also makes me solidify my resolve.

I stand up and look at my grandpa straight in his eyes.

"I am ready. Lets go.", I inform him.

First he looked surprised by my sudden mood change, then a grin broke upon his handsome face. He may be 524 years old but he looks like someone in his forties.

"That's my grandson. You are the strongest wolf ever born in our family, even stronger than me and your father. I don't think someone like you should be worrying about ruling over some arrogant, good for nothing Alphas.", he tells me confidently.

I give him a weak smile. Being the king is last thing I am worrying about. I don't think any alpha will be suicidal enough to challenge me today. If anyone did I will make sure that unfortunate person doesn't die for good.

We walk out from my room and greet by my mom and dad at the large door which leads us to our ten-miles radius circular garden. Together we walk to the gathering.

Luis's POV:
The air is thick with my mate's amazing scent. I look at direction everyone is staring and let out a gasp to see the sex god himself.

Daegan is coming this way while wearing only a pair of black arabian pants which are riding dangerous low on his lean hips. This gives all of us the amazing view of his bare upper body. He got an eight pack and prominent muscles all over his body but those are not too bulky. There is light dusting of blonde hair on his chest and a sexy happy tail which disappear into his low riding pants. His chestnut blonde hair is slick back today.

I got a irresistible urge to lick all those delicious light tan skins offered in front of me but I resist with a great force.

"Alphas around the world, first I would like to thank you all for coming here today.", suddenly a powerful alpha voice spoke up for the first time and everything become dead silent.

I look at that person and find myself looking at a handsome man who slightly resembles Daegan and got the same grey-gold eyes. This must be our Alpha King.

"All of you are already informed why I, your King ordered you to gather here today," he continue with his alpha voice.

"Today I, Diego Belville, the King of Werewolves, has decided to give my position as your King to my son, Daegan Belville," he announces.

"Now, I request all the Alphas who think they will be more capable King than Daegan to come forward and challenge him."

Just as I except, nobody is suicidal enough to challenge the Alpha of Blood river.

The Alpha King waited for at least 15 minutes before start speaking again.

"Since none of you had challenged him, so I, Diego Belville, declare Daegan Belville as the KING OF WEREWOLVES.", he declares and for the first time in 30 minutes the crowd broke its silence by loud cheerings for their new king.

Daegan gives a weak forced smile toward them.

This is weird. Why the hell does he acting like he is in some kind of pain? After all he is not the person who get rejected by his true mate and was beaten to death.

Now that I observe his face carefully, I can also see dark circle under his beautiful eyes and his face doesn't have its usual brilliant glow.

What's wrong? Is he alright?

Suddenly my stupid heart gets full with worries about the person who will kill me if he ever finds out about my safe existence. But I can't help it. Although I am not going to forgive him anytime soon but no matter what I still love him.

"Thank you all for choosing me as your King.", suddenly Daegan's rich masculine Alpha voice filled the air. Jesus, I'm even in love with his voice.

Again he greeted by loud cheerings from gathered Alphas.

"Now I wish all of you to meet a very special person.", he tells everyone and like on signal, a tall beautiful girl with long curly blonde hair and baby blue eyes come forward and interlock her hand with Daegan.

Suddenly a spark of hot jealousy go through my body. Although I don't know her identity and it is possible she is his sister, but I don't like her touching Daegan and absolutely hates the way Daegan is smiling at her. He never smile at me in that loving way like he is doing now.

"All my fellow Alphas, I would like all of you to meet Alpha Andréa Wadsworth, my mate and your Queen."

Note:
Thank you all for reading. Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.
3/11/2016