Chapter 9: Happiness, Rejection & Betrayal

Luis's P.O.V.
I open my eyes and found myself looking at a very annoyed looking Daegan. Oh My God, I can't believe that Daegan is the source of that amazing scent.
Great! I just had to dumbly follow that scent, didn't I? Why am I so stupid? Why I have such a bad luck? Why goddess hates me this much?

Currently Daegan is looking at me with obvious annoyance, like thinking what the hell I am doing here. Then it's like something hit him and he takes a step back while looking at me with impossibly wide eyes.

"No no no.....it's not possible. There must a mistake. This must be a mistake. Of course it's a mistake he is a man. He can't be my mate.", he began chanting these words while running his hands through his sexy blonde hair.

Mate? I never thought that I am ever going have a mate since I am just like a human. Now that I think about it, this explains why I always feel this weird pull toward him, why it hurts to think he doesn't like me, why I felt electricity running through my body when he touched my arm or why I like his scent this much that I blindly follow that. These are the signs of finding your true mate.

Daegan is my MATE . I actually found my mate and he is the sexiest man alive. I am so happy. I am not alone anymore. Now we are going to love each other through eternity. Now there is someone who going to love me even though everyone hates me. All I want now is to wrap my arms around his neck and kiss the light out of him. I want him to make love to me...

I brought back to reality when I felt a hand around my neck strangling me. I look at Daegan in surprise.

"Tell me the name of the person who sent you here. I know somebody put a spell on you to make me think of you as my mate. Tell the the name of that person and I might let you live.", he asks me in his powerful alpha voice which can make anyone weak in their knees in fear. But surprisingly it won't effect me like it did before.

He look at me in surprise like he can't believe that his voice puts no effect on me. Suddenly he remove his hand and push me away from him, then start laughing hysterically.

"Oh I should have known.", he says between laughs. "I am such an idiot. I should have known that you are not one of us when the I first met you. You are not a werewolf, are you?", he asked me still laughing.

What can I say, I am a werewolf but my body is just like a human. I don't have a inner wolf.

He takes my delay in response as agreement. He stops laughing and now has a dark scary expression on his face.

"Did you really think that I will let you live after you commit this kind of humiliating offence against me. You are not even a woman. How could you ever thought that I will fall for a trick like this? I, Daegan Belville, the Alpha of the Bloodriver pack refuse to acknowledge a tricky shameless male like you as my mate.", I feel a knife going straight through my heart. I fall on ground in unbearable pain while holding my chest. "And also going to make an example of you so anyone who dares to put this kind of trick on the Alpha of Bloodriver pack, fears the result of getting caught."

"N-no. It's n-not a s-spell. I had not d-done something l-like that. P-please believe m-me.", I somehow manage to tell him through extreme pain in my chest. For a second I saw his expression soften but it was gone before I can be sure and his face return to the same angry expression it had before.

"Then explain me why you didn't have this scent, you are emitting now, ten days ago when we first met? Tell me why that time you didn't have any kind of special body scent we all werewolves must have? Tell me how suddenly you got a werewolf scent today and also with a very special scent which is making my inner wolf to think of you as my mate?", he challenges me to answer.