10

When everyone seemed to have gone to bed and all the lights were off downstairs and up, I walked down the halls to go to the dungeon. I run down the stairs to see Caspian sitting on the floor playing with some straw. I put some bread rolls that Elise had made earlier, in my pocket to give to him. As I cannot imagine they have fed him very well or even at all. I came around the corner. He had not heard me. 

"I see you are not hitting the bars any longer" I smiled and his head shot up to me. "Good decision" 

He laughed slightly and stood up shakily. 

"You need to stay sat down" I smiled and unlocked the cell. "I brought some bread for you" 

I handed him them and he devoured them in seconds. I watched him intently and then looked back down again when he made eye contact with me. 

"I have a question" I asked him. 

"What is it" He replied as he moved his hair. 

"Why are you not the King?" I asked quickly, not messing around. 

He just stared at me, showing yet again no emotion and not answering my question. 

"Hello?" I snapped being inpatient. 

He carried on ignoring me. Then he turned around, having  his back to me. 

"Are you joking?" I groaned. "You are just going to ignore me?" 

I still got nothing from him.

"Look I know nothing about anything that is going on in this place" I ranted. "I am sick and tired of people keeping things from me. All I want to know is why you are not King and Morgana is Queen! Why does she want you! Have you done something wrong?!" 

I watched him and all he did was sit there still ignoring me. 

"Right" I snapped. "Next time I try to help you! All I wanted was some answers and all you can do is sit there and totally ignore me. Whatever!" 

I started to walk upstairs and then I heard a voice. I heard him mumble something to me.

"What?" I asked him walking back to him. 

"She wanted my throne" He repeats and I sit down in front of the cell listening to him. 

"Why?" I ask listening intently. 

"Truthfully I do not know. She took the memories of .." He muttered looking down. 

"The person you loved?" I smiled sympathetically. 

"Yes" He muttered sharing a tear. 

"What was she like?" I asked and he shot his head up to me. 

"She was perfect" He began. "She had the most infectious smile that made everyone feel so happy and loved. She had the most caring nature. Every time I picture her, I envision sunshine. Opening my eyes in the morning and seeing a radiant smile. I see a supportive best friend and someone I can rely on and be present for as well. I see someone who is full of life and passion. Someone who doesn't get discourage during trying times and finds the good in everything. I see a woman that I can lock eyes with across the room and we can share the same thought without sharing a word. A woman of great virtues to pass onto our children. And a woman that I can sit next to when we're older and laugh at all the great moments we shared throughout our years. But that has all disappeared because it has been ripped away from me."

The words he spoke made my heart swell for him. I get the love they share for each other and how powerful it was that it could rule a world. Maybe this is why Morgana is so afraid of him finding her. Because she does not want to be over ruled. But then again they are the rightful heirs to the Narnian throne. All of this information got me excited as I felt like I was really getting to the bottom of everything. Finding out the truth. Something I had not felt since I had got here. I looked to Caspian and I went close to the cell bars to be closer to him. 

"I will help you find her" I smiled sincerely and he smiled back at me. 

"You are closer than you think to finding her" He muttered. 

I scrunched my eyebrows together and thought. What is that supposed to mean? Is she in the castle or is she someone who lives in the village. Where ever she was I had to find her. Standing up I looked around the cell, to make sure no one was listening. 

"Do you know where she could be?" I asked him quietly. 

"You need to go to head to the north village." He began. "Then when you have gone past there, you will find a Warlock by the name of Uzthar. There she shall be" 

I gulped.

"That could be dangerous" I frowned. "If I get caught.. she will kill me" 

I looked down to Caspian who was on his knees in front of me. 

"Please I beg you to go" He pleads with me. 

I nod my head and walks to the first step. 

"I will first thing tomorrow" I smiled. "Goodnight Caspian" 

I ran back up the stairs. As I was about to go upstairs I bumped in Linden. 

"Oh Linden!" I sighed putting my hand to my belly. My heart had jumped out of my chest. "You gave me a fright" 

"Why are you up and out of bed?" He glared. 

"I went to get a drink" I smiled, completely and utterly lying. 

"Oh okay" He fake smiles and goes down to the dungeon. 

I sigh as I see him go. That was a close one I breathe out, out of relief and I run back up to my bedroom. I go through my wardrobe packing some little essentials for my journey tomorrow. I needed to be up earlier before anyone else would be awake. Therefore no one would see me sneak out. But I needed to talk to someone first before I went. Someone who I knew would benefit this journey and have my back.

Elise.