18

"He has returned Morgana." The voice whispers. "He has returned."

*

"Where is he!?" She screams at me.

The guards hold me, one each side of me. She slaps my face so hard, that it forcefully moves my face.

"I do not know what you are talking about!" I snap and I spit out blood from my mouth.

"Olivia" she laughs, mockingly. "Do you think I am stupid?"

I stay quiet.

"Answer me when I talk to you" she grabs my chin to face her.

"Why should I!?" I snap back.

She slaps me again.

"You do not have to.." she snarled walking around me. "But if you want to see your precious Caspian alive."

She came to face me, she moved so close to my face.

"Then I suggest you start answering me!" She glared evilly.

All I do is spit on her.

She growls at me and nods her head to the men holding me. They begin to attack me and abuse me physically.

If anyone wanted me to describe the feeling of being attacked, it would be adrenaline but knowing sometimes you cannot do anything about it. It is something you can only describe if you have felt it.

It's a bit like being in a car crash. The adrenalin, and the force of the hits, is like flying through the air. You feel like you can't control your limbs, and sometimes even like you are looking down on your own body, but with each fresh strike, you come back to the body with the pain. The adrenalin can make you feel acutely conscious of your own body, each punch or kick, you feel like you can sense each individual cell and blood vessel bruising or bursting, each nerve ending blasting out electric shocks and chemical responses. You can hear and feel your heart beating in your ears, and your vision becomes tunneled. You see the face or the masked face of your attacker as though you're viewing it through a telescope, and you also notice other sensations that you haven't experienced before. Maybe you see or smell the sidewalk close up, the sour smell of the pigeon droppings, the uneveness or the beauty of the stones in the ashphalt.

That's what I would say.

That's the reality.

The beating stopped. My head aches. I was in pain and I couldn't do anything else but lay there curled up, wanting nothing else but to die.

I closed my eyes slowly, with the last thing on my mind, Caspian. My head was no longer overthinking yet I couldn't think of a single thing.

My eyes became glossy and blood shot. My body on shut down mode. I honestly thought this was it, that any breath I took would possibly be my last.

"Olivia"

I heard my voice called out. But I didn't scare me. If anything it calmed me down. It put me at peace.

"Olivia"

The voice called for me again.

"Yes" I whispered.

"I am here Olivia" the recognisable voice spoke softly. "I will see you soon.

"Aslan?" I coughed as I spoke.

"It is me." he smiled as he came from behind the mirror.

"I am afraid Aslan." I cried softly. "I am not going to make it"

"Do not fear my child. Your time is not yet" he stays close to me. "I will see you very soon. Keep me close Olivia and I will keep you safe"

With that he leaves me there, giving me endless amount of strength. Making me feel like I will survive and see a free Narnia once again. Whenever I spoke to Aslan he made me feel very patriotic. Made me want to push more to ensure that the people I love are safe and that my country goes back to how it once was.

All of my thoughts were postponed when Morgana walked in again. But this time alone.

"Olivia, I know you have seen him" she says and walks around me once again.

I stay quiet once again.

"I'm not playing games Olivia!" She snaps.

But I ignore her once again.

"Fine you want to play that game!" She snarls and comes to me.

"Bring him in!" She orders to the guards.

That's when my heart sinks to the floor. They drag Kyse and Quinn in front of me.

"Choose which one to die!" She snaps.

"No!" I scream in shock.

Morgana stays quiet and looks to me.

"You have 5 minutes to choose and say your last words before one of them dies" she turns the hourglass up and leaves us in the room.

I start screaming and trying to stand up. Crawling, I go to Kyse and Quinn hugging them both. We cry in each other's arms. No words are spoken, which seems like forever.

"I want you to choose me" Kyse spoke, which broke the silence.

"No" Quinn stopped him for he said anything else.

They begin to slightly argue with each other.

"Stop it!" I snap. "Both of you!"

They stay quiet.

"I cannot kill any one of you" I cried. "You guys are my best friends. I cannot lose any one of you"

"Olivia, you have to choose one of us. I want you to choose me. I am the oldest, I want Quinn to enjoy life while he can. I shall be always looking down to see you, Caspian and my brother celebrating in a free Narnia. So please, brother too, just let me die. I've seen how Morgana has ruined this country and I know you guys can stop them, without my help." He begin to choke up with his words. " I just want you to know, both of you and when you see Caspian again. I want to thank you both for everything you've done for me. It has been a true honour to fight and stand by your side for these weeks Olivia and I hope to see you and Caspian crowned once again."

I start crying even more.

But I couldn't help but feel so guilty for taking away any attention from his brother who was sat just right next to us. They began to talk with each other and share the last words with one another.

Time was running out...