Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

It was a Saturday night, Alex and I were at home eating macaroni and cheese for dinner after I had been training all day. "So, what do you want to do tonight?" I asked him while another rerun of Friends played on our TV.

"Abby didn't tell you?"

"No?"

"We're all going out to the club downtown tonight. Mitchell has been dying to go since he came home and we still haven't been."

"No, no, no." I stood up wagging a finger at him, my worst nightmare, a night out, with makeup. Mitchell appeared out of nowhere and pinned me to the hall wall, a wild and monstrous look in his eye.

"Sadie Mackenzie Green, you will get dressed up tonight. You will look hot as hell. You will make Charlie grovel at your feet." His voice boomed over the house. "A boy finally isn't scared of you and will attempt to date you. You must impress everyone and Charlie tonight."

I stormed into my room to see Abby and Emma already on my bed and Charlie on the floor with CJ.

"Oh my god, when did you all get here?" I groaned, everyone but CJ snickered in amusement, CJ scowled at the ground. Good, I wanted him to be sorry. Sorry for breaking my heart, kind of. I think he broke it, I don't know, I think I liked Charlie more than CJ when we were "together."

"I don't want to be here to see some other guy all over you." CJ grumbled.

"Should've thought of that." I smiled a closed lip smile full of malice and lacking any sympathy.

Mitchell pulled all the guys out and waved, "You'll see your ladies later." Charlie hooked his arm over my shoulder, ruffling my hair laying a single kiss on my head.

"Okay, bye, go away!" I sung and swatted his hands away but grinned like an idiot anyway. Embarrassing. Feelings. Yuck.

CJ grumbled, "I had Sadie, but now I'm basically paired with my own sister. And why do you get to stay Mitch?"

"Because their weird lady parts don't excite my downstairs friend at all." He scoffed and slammed the door in their face. Mitchell never was CJ's biggest fan even when we were all just friends.

I chuckled and sprawled on my bed, "I'm not picking the outfit or other girlish crap, don't make my heels too high. Wake me when it's my turn to help."

Mitchell sat on my legs, "Get your fat ass up."

I stood still as they all picked at me and looked through the dresses until they found the right everything. Sadie, their little Barbie Doll.

I wasn't allowed to open my eyes until they finished everything.

"Open your stupid face." Emma smiled.

I opened my eyes and stared at someone in the mirror. This can't be me. I was in a dark hunter green wrap skirt, barely covering my ass, ew, and a thin black teeshirt tied a few inches above my shirt. The dark colors made my auburn hair seem deeper in color and more luxurious. I forgot how long my hair was, it was usually in a braid or a ponytail. My hair reached my hips, shining in the light. I was also wearing black chunky heels awfully tall but made my legs look long as hell. My makeup was simple, just a glossed lip and dark black eyeliner and mascara making my eyes pop. I looked good, it was odd.

I huffed, "Whatever, the heels are too high." No way would I admit how impressed I was.

"Dee," Mitchell breathed, "You look hot." I scrunched up my face.

"Can we do the rest of the dresses now? I feel awkward, being the only one dressed up."

We finished Abby and Emma's outfits. Emma was wearing a black dress, black heels, and light jewlery. She looked sophisticated but sexy, with light pink eyeshadow and lipstick. Abby was wore a dress the same gold as her hair with matching light gold makeup and red heels to bring up the color. We all looked great compared to the fact we never dressed up like this. Or at least I didn't.

Dressed like this, I didn't feel myself, I felt fake and just not right.

Mitchell beamed in pride, "Now lets show your boys, except you Emma." She flipped him off.

They chuckled and walked down stairs and I grumbled and walked with them, extremely annoyed. I honestly hate getting dressed up and seeing guys look at me like I'm a piece of meat. I despise the objectification of women. And of course it's frowned upon to punch guys who stare at you.

Trust me I've learned from experience. Alex shunned me for doing that. I had a habit of hitting scummy strangers.

The boys waited downstairs for us. Abby and Alex rushed to each other telling cute little whispers to each other. Disgusting. Mitchell argued with CJ about Emma's outfit.

Charlie's eyes took me in, scanning ever inch of me, but not in the way that made my skin crawl, the way that sent slight shivers up my spine. Really, really, nice shivers. The way he was looking at me, made me feel like I was the only person in the room.

Charlie walked up to me and brushed my hair behind my ear, "Wow."