Chapter Twenty Eight

"Emma," I hissed, "where is everyone, Charlie ran away from me. I fucked up."

Emma scrambled over to me, we had to watch ourselves before the attacks started, Emma and I have made an alliance which is the only way the two of us could survive the savage attack of pillow fighting in my house. 

"Sadie, what did you do, Charlie would have been an awesome lookout!"

"I might have threatened to shit on his pillow?"

"Good Lord, Sadie!" She almost yelled and I leaped onto her shushing her.

My eyes widedened as I heard rustling from behind the couch we were hiding behind. "You led them too us! We're screwed!"

"Oh girls!" Mitchell sang slowly, "Come out come out wherever you are!"

I braced myself with my pillow ready to defend, attack, and flee. Boxing footwork and quick reflexes are beneficial in my time of need, I gave the signal to Emma who nodded grimly. Her and I were prepped to attack the intruder of our territory.

At the same time we ran for Mitchell tackling him to the ground whacking him mercilessly while he cried for backup, and for a while much to his dismay, backup did not come.

We cackled and he covered himself, "Emma, Sadie, stop, no, I will pay you! I surrender, Sadie come on I'll buy you ice cream!"

I slowed to contemplate my choices, if I hold Mitchell hostage I could make a good deal of ice cream, ice cream is the ultimate barter. 

An arm swooped me off of Mitchell and I laughed thinking it was Charlie who finally had caught me, but it was CJ, I could feel his breath against my neck, "Surprise."

I whacked him with a pillow, "Let me go." 

His lips grazed against my neck, "Babe, I've tried, but I can't seem to, and I want you back. I didn't mean all of those things I said, I was a jerk, and I'm willing to change."

I kicked at him but he carried me away the commotion between Emma and Mitchell was distracting enough for CJ to take me away, "CJ I mean it, let me go, I thought we've gotten over this. Obviously, I'm over you, I'm with Charlie, and I don't want you. I forgive you for most of what you said, please leave me alone. I want to be friends so get over it."

He took me to my bedroom and I started to get nervous, but CJ just smiled, "Don't worry about it. No help where we are going."

"Charlie!" I yelled loudly as CJ threw me on my bed, but I silenced when I saw way too many pillows on my bed. "Oh my god. I hate all of you."

Charlie and Alex ran out of my bathroom, Abby from my closet, and Emma and Mitchell ran up behind me, Matt hid under my bed. I was a part of an ambush!

"Charge!" Abby screamed as CJ and Charlie high fived which warmed my heart for a second before I was attacked, pillows from everywhere attacked me and all I could do was roll my body in a ball to protect myself. 

"You're all monsters! I am hurt! Charlie and CJ! I never thought it would be the two of you!" I tugged Charlie down with me and punched him in the arm attempting to shield myself with his body. 

He laughed and picked me up elevating me in the air so I could be more accessible, "Sorry baby, we couldn't help it, we all decided it was the right thing to do.

"Charles! Help me!" I scrambled around as my friends laughed while attacking me.

I objected and faught back as well as I could until they all crashed onto my bed and I sighed curling up into Charlie, all of us were breathless from laughing.