Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter Twenty Six

"Sadie, please. I don't want to see you cry anymore." Charlie knocked impatiently on my bedroom door at home while I was face down in my carpet sobbing, still sobbing.

I don't like all this crying that he's brought upon me, plus the death of my parents.

"I'm not kidding. Open up the door or I will break it down."

That just made me grunt as I cried as he beat his hand on the door. I knew he would break it down, and I don't want to pay for another door.

"Charlie," I whined between sobs, "don't do it. I like my door." 

I heard an aggrivated sigh behind my door and a thud which I guessed was Charlie resting his head on my door, the things he does for me. 

Shit this means I have to open the door, since he's so good to me all the time and puts up with all my shit. Ugh.

I rolled myself over to the door slamming down on the doorknob pulling it open then rolling myself back to my crying carpet spot, which was now stained with tears. I continued my crying fest while Charlie walked in and did the best thing a boyfriend could do, he laid down next to me not saying anything. He lifted my hand which was by my waist up to where our faces were, he kissed my palm and held it until I stopped crying. He let me cry for a while.

Finally, I stopped, managing to cry all the water out of my body. He kissed my shoulder, "Baby, you ok now?" 

I mumbled something that totally was not coherent, standing up yanking him on my bed where we laid together under my blankets. I was tiny compared to Charlie as he held me to him, then he said the magic words, "Ice cream?" 

"You're perfect." I kissed him slowly as he picked me up carrying us downstairs to the car, Abby was asleep in my brothers arms and he watched us leave, still protective after my hours of crying, and now skeptical of Charlie. Which is dumb. They hang out all the time, they're like, besties.

"Be careful, please?" Alex said more to me than to Charlie.

"Yes sir." I rested my head on Charlie's shoulder, he just wrapped his arms around me tighter, a secure, constantly safe feeling spread through me. 

We got in the car and Charles drove us to my favoirte spot for ice cream. I almost jumped him when he ordered for me, first I was mad that I didn't, but he got my order perfect. Coffee ice cream with gummy bears. Don't knock it till you try it.

And then the first bad thing happened. I had finally gotten over the whole, parents stuff, and miscallaneous crying, you know, all that jazz when a group of guys walked into the ice cream place, dear Charles wasn't even facing the people but he could hear them laughing and talking so his usual carefree and charismatically charming attitude was instantly sharpened and cold.

His eyes snapped to mine and they were pure anger, cold and empty. "Stand up, do not look at them, do not speak to them, don't even awknowledge them. Grab your stuff we are going to the loft." His voice was as monotone as possible with a concerned edge. I'm not too used to him ordering me around but something about him and the finality with no budge attitude shocked me.

God fucking poop doorknobs, he's in one of his scary moods that actually frighten me. Shit fart poop.

I stood when he did and he wrapped his arm around my waist instead of casual and comforting, this felt more urgent and protective. 

My hand found his and I gripped it tightly, "Walk outside Sadie." 

I did with him with me. 

Once we were a safe distance, aka the car, he still looked pissed and overly nervous. He paced rapidly in front of the car.