Life and Love

"This is incredulous", said Alice, looking at Peeves.

"Muggles roaming about Hogwarts. Peevesy won't allow it.", said Peeves with a malicious grin.

"Peeves, hold on. I can hear someone. Oh it's the Bloody Baron!! Come on Alice, I will introduce him to you", said Clara Aleso.

"But I don't hear anything at all. Are you sure it's the Bloody", Alice stopped seeing Clara glare at her. "Yes, I can hear now. I have always wanted to meet him", Alice said, trying hard to lie, being a terrible liar.

That seemed to have stopped Peeves' rant. "Did you say The Bloody Baron? Ickle Peevesy needs to go.", said Peeves as he floated away.

Alice and Clara started walking as Alice rubbed her head in the place where Peeves had dropped the ink pot.

"Clara, I need cleaning up!!", Alice said.

Clara stopped walking. "Of course", she said taking out her wand. "Scourgify"

"Thanks Clara!", Alice said.

"Any time. By the way, we are first going to the Headmistress' office", Clara explained.

"Professor Minerva McGonagall is the headmistress, right", Alice asked.

"Not bad! You seem to know quite a bit", Clara smiled.

" I know a lot. Only that I know things till the Battle of Hogwarts cause the books are written till that part only. And, can you believe it?!!  I am here now to know what has  happened after that." Alice said happily. "I am tired of reading fanfictions. I want to know the true track of events!".

"Hmm...". Clara Aleso said. "We are here!"

Alice saw that they were in front of a massive gargoyle. "Whoa! So this conceals the moving staircase! Give the password, Clara!"

Clara mumbled something unintelligible and the gargoyle moved aside to reveal a spiral, moving staircase.
They started ascending when Alice said, " You know, Muggles have this too. We call it the escalator!"

"Really!?", Clara asked. Just then, the door of the Headmistress' office opened.

"Wotcha Clara!  Professor McGonagall said. "Welcome Ms......"

"Norewood. Alice Norewood.", Alice beamed.

"Right. Welcome to the best school of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the world.", Professor McGonagall said.

"Thank you, Professor. It is a pleasure meeting you."

Alice and Clara walked into the circular office.

As Alice looked around the room,  she saw the portraits of the past Headmasters. At the end of the line were the portraits which she craved to see the most   -  the portraits of Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore and Severus Snape.

Albus Dumbledore's appearance  was exactly as she had thought it would be.. half moon spectacles, a crooked nose, kind blue eyes and a smile that reached to the heart.... Professor Dumbledore smiled kindly from the portrait at her.

" It is an honor meeting you, sir! You have inspired me so much. Your valuable words have helped me in ways that nothing else have done in my darkest of days. Not just me, there are so many other Muggles out there who think of your words to bring in courage when they are facing tough times. Thank you for teaching us about life and love. Thank you for showing that it is our choices that show what we are truly, not our abilities, for helping us understand that Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, Thanks for teaching us that it is love, not power, that rules the world!", Alice said, teary eyed.

Professor Dumbledore smiled. "That is really kind of you, Ms. Norewood. I am honored to know that I have well wishers in your world also."
Alice smiled. It is impossible not to smile when you are in the company of the people you adore.

Alice walked over to the next portrait... the portrait of the Man who Loved!

"Professor Snape! I am Alice Norewood from the Muggle World. I, like a billion or so other Muggles am a great follower of you!"

Professor Snape looked down at  her, with a thoughtful frown on his face.

"You are another person I need to say thank you to, sir. You taught us that Love changes everything, that Love is Life, that heroes can be found in the most unlikely of places.. that Love is something worth laying down your life for. You have taught us that we should stand up for our loved ones, even if it means risking our lives in the most grave dangers." , Alice completed, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Professor Snape was shocked at these words. There was a wide range of emotions in his eyes. He frowned. And then, he did something totally unexpected ..................... for the first time in years, he smiled.

A/n:
Hello lovelies,
How was the chapter?
There is more to come.
Click that star in the page corner.
Thank you for all the love you have been sending "Always".
Keep sending love!
A special shoutout to HufflepuffHobbit for being such a great friend and reader.