The Herbology Professor

"He's taking forever to come out!", Clara groaned. Alice had wanted to meet Professor Neville Longbottom as he came out of the Headmistress' Office.

"You won't do this for me?", Alice asked, feigning hurt.

"I will. But don't use that horrible puppy dog face on me" Clara said.

"My, oh my, you are politer than a Japanese monk!"

Clara just rolled her eyes. Just then, the stone gargoyle sprang to life and moved aside to reveal Neville Longbottom, who stepped out of the spiral staircase.

"Professor Longbottom! This is Alice Norewood, Muggle, here on an invitation", Clara said.
"And Alice, no doubt you know, but still, meet Professor Neville Longbottom, Herbology Professor, famous for destroying the Final Horcrux of Lord Voldemort, the greatest dark Wizard the world has seen, and one of the few people who have been able to pull out the Sword of Gryffindor out of the Sorting Hat. Well, I've said everything written in your Chocolate Frog card, haven't I?", Clara completed.

"Thanks Ms. Aleso, that will do. Now, will my best student stop?", Professor Neville Longbottom said, cheerfully.

"Woah! And woah again! You have a Chocolate Frog card? Wow! And Clara is your best student?", Alice exclaim - yelled.

"Yeah. I was excellent at Herbology. The only thing I was good at, anyway, apart from Quidditch."

"Quidditch! You never told me you were a Quidditch player!" Alice complained.

"I totally forgot. I played Keeper. I was Captain of the team too.", Clara said, smiling broadly.

"Whoa! Professor Longbottom, I have really admired you a lot! I was totally able to relate to you in the first few books, though I am sure I can never become as brave or great or noble as you! It's such a privilege meeting you!"

"Nice meeting you too, Ms. Norewood", Neville Longbottom said, wholeheartedly. "Though I am not sure about the greatness part".

"Of course you are. When you had lost everything too, you fought for the good of the world! You were humble, great, a faithful friend, a fierce supporter. You taught us that it's not about being loud or brash everyday, it's about picking your battles and knowing what's worth fighting and dying for. Thanks sir for teaching me life"

Neville Longbottom looked taken aback.
"Anytime. I am glad to know you found my life as a lesson"

"Umm, yeah. How's Hannah Abbott, I mean, Mrs. Longbottom I mean?", Alice stuttered.

"She's good, thank you"

"And, your Granny? Oh my Lord, she was a marvel! Someone you could always look up to! I really love her", Alice exclaimed.

"Gran passed away. She was truly a marvel. She was my sunshine, my life giver. She loved me like her own son, when she could've easily abandoned me. Though, she could be really strict at times", Neville Longbottom said fondly. He was probably remembering some incident when he'd been beaten up by her or something.

Alice and Clara smiled.

"The ones that love us never truly leave us. We can always find them, in here", Alice gestured to her heart, quoting Sirius Black.

"That's really true. Gran lives with me in my memories, and through my actions", Neville Longbottom said.

He took out his pocket watch and checked the time. "Okay, I have some work, school's starting tomorrow. Good bye, Ms. Aleso and Ms. Norewood"

"Okay, sir. We're leaving, too", Clara said to Professor Neville Longbottom.

"Yeah, thank you sir", Alice said.

Alice and Clara walked towards the stairs, out the Great Hall. The Great Hall was decorated, to welcome the students for the first day of school.

Alice and Clara walked past the Great Hall, through the Entrance Hall and out of the oak front doors.

The day had really been long, but, nevertheless, wonderful.

Alice looked at the lake as they walked past it, and the Forbidden Forest, far away.

With a heavy heart, Alice walked out of the gates of Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She turned and looked at the castle for one last time.

"Good bye Hogwarts", she muttered.

A/N
Alice leaves Hogwarts!
Liked the chapter?
Vote, comment, share and do the quote  picture thing I said earlier.

Lots of Love,
Hazel♥