The Castle Tour

"And this is the Staff Room", Nick bowed down.
Alice rolled her eyes, entering the room, following Nick. It was a long, panelled room on the ground floor with mismatched dark wooden chairs. This was the place where Cuthbert Binns, the History of Magic Professor, had sat before the fire and slept. He died while sleeping and rose as a ghost, leaving his corpse behind, but continued with his History of Magic classes as usual. It was amazing to be there. Like, so freaking awesome!

Nick was good company but he didn't realize he was living in the 21st millennium. He was very honor bound and all that Early Brit stuff. He considered it his duty to bow down and behave very gentleman-like which was very amusing to Alice. When Alice had said she had seen Argus Filch, he had said Filch had died.
Well, what would you expect, after reading so many detective novels and watching all investigation kind of movies? Alice imagined a big suspense story, her expectations high. But Nick said,
"He's become a ghost. It might've been his ghost that you must have seen."
Alice's expectations drifted away like a bubble and crushed under the wheels of Sherlock Holmes Agency Bus.
Nick took Alice towards the whole of Hogwarts castle, except the houses' common rooms and dormitories and the kitchens.

"The kitchens? I want to see the kitchens!"

"You don't want to leave anything out, do you?"

"Course not"

Nick walked down the stairs near the Great Hall, leading to the basement.

There was the portrait of a fruit bowl. Nick drifted through the wall into the kitchen.

"Hello! I need to come in! I am not a ghost remember?", Alice said.

"Oh! Apologies, Ms. Norewood", Nick said drifting back outside. He moved towards the portrait of the fruit bowl.

"No! Wait! I know what to do!", Alice remembered. She ran over to the portrait and tickled the pear, which laughed and turned into a doorknob. It was a large high-ceilinged room. There were five tables, identical to the ones in the Great Hall above, also in the exact same position. There were several pots and pans heaped around the stonewalls. But the most amazing sight was that of the little elves running about, carrying food articles.

"Umm. Good morning! I would like to have something", Alice pointed to a tray a tiny elf was carrying, stopping him midway.

"Dobby loves sharing food, young Miss." The elf bowed.

"What did you say your name was?"