3.1

August 4th, 2016 - Cinderella.

Luke rushed to engulf me in a hug

His cologne filled my nose, a familiar and reassuring scent. I felt so at home in his strong arms. For a brief moment, I completely forgot my previous frustration. Instead, I allowed myself to melt into his warm body.

"Go on inside," he whispered in my ear after we'd been embraced for almost a full minute, pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead as he pulled away. "I need to pay Carl."

I nodded, picking up my suitcase by its raggedy handle and dragging it through the open door.

The house, spacious and beautiful, smelled of apple pie. My suitcase thudded against the cherry wood floors until I found a suitable place to rest it. As Luke settled things outside, I wandered aimlessly, pausing at the large collection of pictures decorating one wall. Luke's face was recognizable in nearly all of them, with the exception of baby pictures.

Huh, I thought, he was such a chunky child.

The loud bang! of the door closing caused me to jump, but Luke's arms were wrapped around my waist before I could even turn to greet him. He held me tightly, swaying my body ever so gently as we both admired the vast wall of photographs.

His hand reached out, pointing to the one furthermost to the left. It was him carrying a guitar on stage, singing without a microphone. Luke leaned closer and tightened his grip on me. "That's me performing less than three weeks ago. Neat, right?"

I laughed, wiggling out of his grasp to face him. "I guess it's pretty neat."

His gaze followed me until I planted myself on one grand, white couch. My hands, still shaking with nerves, struggled to remove my boots from my feet, particularly when the reality of everything set in. Here I was, sitting on the couch across from Luke Hemmings, just like I'd dreamed of when I was only eight years old. He was real. This was real.

"Need some assistance, Cinderella?" he joked, pointing slightly to my jumpy fingers. I shot him a playfully annoyed look before finally kicking off my boots. "Well, um, welcome to mi casa. I'm glad I don't have to tell you to make yourself at home because it appears you already did."

Even as he made fun of me, I was purely infatuated with him. His accent was thick, but his husky voice still sounded silky and melodic. It sent literal shivers down my spine the more he spoke and I felt myself getting completely lost in the sound of him talking.

"You're staring," I blurted. "At me, I mean. You're staring."

He grinned, briefly flashing his white teeth. "You're the only person here to stare at and it's quite a beautiful view."

A blush crept up my neck and stained my pale cheeks bright red, giving Luke an immense amount of satisfaction. I frowned, rolling my eyes as he continued to watch me.

All I could think about was how the boy was long; when we were hugging he had at least six inches on me. His legs extended all the way to mine, despite being on the couch opposite of me. His shirt - a band tee with the sleeves torn off - emphasized the broadness of his shoulders. Luke was essentially a sky scraper topped with messy blonde hair.

He cleared his throat. "I'm assuming you'd like to shower."

"Oh, my God, yes please."

He snickered, standing up to retrieve my suitcase from the corner. "C'mon, I'll show you my room. It's got it's own shower, so you can have some privacy and whatnot."

I followed Luke as he effortlessly carried my luggage up the stairs and into what I presumed to be his bedroom. A queen sized mattress lay on the wood floors, covered by navy blue bed sheets that had barely been tucked properly. Band posters and road signs decorated all four walls, including the back of the door. An old stereo in the corner softly played classic rock as I took my suitcase from Luke's grip and dug out a change of clothes. He pointed to a door on my left.

"The bathroom is right in there," he said, falling back onto his bed and shimmying to get comfortable. "Take your time. I'll be right here when you get out."

* * *

if this were @OGhemmings, she'd take a shower, throw on some mascara, and put on black skinny jeans and an all time low shirt. confirmed. ;)wink wonk

quadruple update im really on a roll here even tho the chapters are super trash (but the next one will have a hint of drama)

tell me how your life is and have a good day/night