Lance Psychology Sessions

"This is just madness!" Booth said, and Hodgins shook his head with sadness. They were sitting and watching Lance's evaluations. Gorden had come with them, after dropping Angela off with Sweets, hoping that she could coax him out of his relapse. He was still seething at Booth and Brennen, but decided to spare them the lecture, for now. 

*Flashback In Time*

"Hello, you must be Mr. and Mrs. Sweets." A doctor announced, holding out his hand. "I am Dr. Murphy."
"It is nice to meet you, Dr. and please, call me David."
"And me Mary." The Sweets insisted. Standing rigidly behind the two adoptive parents, was a boy of eleven, though he looked more like eight. He did not look up.
"You must be Lance." The boy jumped slightly at being addressed. 
"Yes, Sir," Lance said quietly. 
"Is it okay if Lance and I talk alone together for a bit?" 
"Sure, that's fine." David said.
"Come on, Lance." Murphy said soothingly, taking this as an order and nothing more, Lance moved silently past his new family, and into the office. 
"So, how do you...."
"I know you are Psychologist and want me to talk about my feelings." Lance said, albeit quietly. He looked up at Dr. Murphy, and stared, analyzing him. The Doctor was slightly taken aback. 
"Yes, it has been...."
"I know, I know. I'm not six! When a person who undergoes traumatic experiences, or stressful situations, talk about their feelings to anyone, it helps the person release those feelings, and therefore they do not bottle it up. It has been proven through various studies that when someone bottles up their feelings, they have more of a tendancey to become hazardous." To say the doctor was surprised would be an understatement. 
"You are...I must say..."
"I learned that when I was nine. Please, don't talk to me about being 'advanced'. I just love to learn. Psychology just happens to be one of my favorite subjects." Lance said quietly. 
"At eleven?" 
"Yes, Sir." Lance said, watching his every movement and facial expression. He was still in the furthest corner of the room. 
"I am glad that someone shares interest in what I do. No matter how...rare it is."
"I love the way that you can figure out what they are feeling by the subtle movements they make. Although, that is closer to Psychoanalisas. Or Psychological Profiling. Either way, it is truly fascinating. Everything in Psychology is linked in some way or another." Lance said, his eyes shining. Dr. Murphy smiled. 
"So, how do you like David and Mary Sweets?" Murphy asked. Lance gazed at him, assessing him again.
"They are...nice." Lance said, looking down again. He really didn't like talking about this kind of stuff.
"I am glad to hear that. Sometimes people don't like their adoptive parents. Are you getting on with them?" Lance stared down at his lap his hands twisting and turning. 
"Fine," He said quietly. Murphy smiled, trying to make the young boy more comfortable. But it was not working. He was nervous, anxious and terrified. He kept himself at the very back of the room.

He managed to deftly deflect all of the questions revolving around himself, and answer in short curt sentences, in a soft and quiet voice, as if afraid anything else would trigger anger. Although, Murphy realized fairly quickly that when he began to get uncomfortable, he would add 'sir' to the end of his sentences, and so Murphy worked with that. He moved away from the personal and emotional questions fairly quickly, learning that the young child was not going to answer them unless ordered to do so. Murphy sighed.

It was apparent that Lance did not feel comfortable talking about himself in any compacity. He did however, read Murphy and talk about him. Easily deflecting questions from himself. When he spoke it was short, and soft.

Real Time

"So sad. He is so nervous."