More Digging

Booth did not want to continue, but nor did he want to stop. The things written in Lance's diary were most certainly concerning, but he was not exactly the type of person to simply stop because it was inconvienent. Besides, he was truly curious, and those who were generally curious in a regular sense were normally hazardous, and in this instance, Booth. It was not as though Camille disagreed, she just wanted to take a break to process everything, which was actually kind of annoying. 

Booth therefore, had decided to think about some of the first impressions that Booth had had of the young Doctor. He could remember the very first meeting that he had had of the agent. He was not exactly proud of his behavior towards the young doctor, but in his defense, the kid did look like he was sixteen. The fact that he was actually a doctor Booth had not believed. But he remembered the first time that he had begun to realize just how smart that Sweets really was. Not that Sweets knew, of course not, he would never know, not if Seelie had anything to say in the matter. After all, it would ruin his rep. 

Booth had had a really really long day. They had somehow managed to figure it out, and it was a breath of relief. He could not help but be curious. how had Sweets known? Bones had informed him of what had happened after he had left. The had relied on strictly Psychology and managed to get the exact location. How had Sweets known? Booth was normally not curious about these types of things but he could not help but be intriged with the young kid's thoughts. Besides, he thought that the kid deserved to know that he had helped, in some way. Or at the very least, know that they had got the bad guy and saved the good guy.

That would have to wait until the day after, or so Booth had thought. he had thought that the young Psychologist would have already gone home. It was far later than any of his assigned time ins. He should have been home a good hour and a half ago, but for some reason, the light to Sweets' office was on, the curtains pulled closed, but the light was shining through them ever so slightly. Booth had made a split second, irrational desicion. He had knocked on the door.

And than instantly berated himself afterwards. What the hell was he thinking, knocking on a Shrink's door? He would probably think something was wrong. What the hell was he thinking. He should just turn around right now, nobody would know he was even there. Sweets would likely think that he had imagined it. Even though he clearly had not but..

But before Booth could actually walk away, Sweets had opened the door. And Booth was standing on the opposite end. Sweets' beautiful brown eyes looked him up and down, once over, and instantly he seemed to gather everything that he needed. It was interesting. The eyes softened slightly, though still remained slightly guarded. 

"Agent Booth, is there something you need? Or something that I can help with?" He asked curiously. His voice still sounded as though he had just finished puberty. Booth sighed.

"It thought you would like to know that we got him." Sweets' reaction was not what he was expecting. He had not relaxed or even smiled a little. His face turned sad. 

"I am glad." Sweets said simply. "Good job, Agent Booth."

"It was your profile that really saved that girl." He said instantly, out of rashness. Sweets' lips turned upwards in a slight smile, but it most certainly did not reach his eyes. "I thought you would be more happy about that." Booth said confused. Why was Sweets not acting the way that he had thought that he would? Was there something else going on.

"I am happy, Agent Booth." Sweets instantly soothed. "I am just sad that I was needed at all. Creating a Profile means that there is someone doing something hurtful to others. And, I hate that I have to do that. I hate what it means, because it means that there is someone getting hurt, or in pain, and I hate people being in pain. I want to help people, and I do, I just...as much as I can get into their heads, and understand them inside and out, I cannot help but wonder why. Sometimes I take the view of a naeve kid. Because sometimes I simply cannot understand why someone would feel the need or wish to hurt someone else. I know everything about them, I know their triggers, know what their past looks like, and hell, I can even identify with some of them, but sometimes it just baffles me. I know everything about them, but nothing. 
"Anyways, thank you for telling me, Agent Booth, I appreciate it." Sweets smiled at him, and paused. "Anything else that I can help you with?"

"No, no, that's all, thank you."

"Have a good night, Agent Booth." Sweets said with a smile. A real one this time.