The Talk

"AGENT BOOTH!" Wyatt screamed at the FBI agent.

"Look, I already know I screwed up!"

"You did more than that. You did way more than that. He is...simply put...horrified. You are utterly idiotic." Wyatt sighed.

"Is he alright?" Bones asked.

"No. No, and nobody would, even if they did not have an abusive past. For crying out loud! You were his friends!"

"What?" Hodgins asked.

"Friends, he thought of you as friends. A one-sided friendship, for certain, but friends nonetheless. Not only that, but Sweets was with a patient when your victim was killed, so, he is obviously not your murderer. But, did you even care to ask him? No, you just chucked him in a tiny holding cell." Wyatt took a deed breath. "After all he has done for you, and put up with your criticism, and your...to put it lightly, verbal abuse...you go and do something like this. I doubt any of you will be able to gain his trust once more." Wyatt watched all the members in the room looked down in distress. "And yet..." They all looked up again. "When Miss Montenegro needed help from Sweets, he gave it. Despite the fact that he was scared, and afraid and in a severe mental relapse...When Angela asked for his advice, he managed to distance himself from that part of his mind enough to help her, and save her relationship with Doctor Hodgins...before reverting back to his withdrawn state. He puts everything out there to help you, and you take advantage of his kindness all of the time."

"I'll go let him out than, huh?" booth asked, nervously.

"Yes, you will, and you will stay at his apartment as well."

"What, why?" Booth asked, puzzled. Wyatt's eyes narrowed.

"Why? Maybe because the kid's abuser is out there, and someone he knows has already been murdered, and he will likely be targeted. So...yes, you will all take turns watching him. And NO ONE is to leave him alone, I don't care how long it is for, do you understand? No reason."

"Alright all right." Bones said.

"I mean it, with the level of regression Sweets is showing, he may do something drastic. Be careful with him. I suggest, if you are going to continue trying to question Sweets, you try to find a diary or journal." 

"What makes you think he has one of those?" Zack asked.

"Because, victims of abuse need something to get their feelings out. Often times it is a journal, if they are the more passive type, like Sweets. Often times there are pages ripped, shredded, stained, and charred, but journals nonetheless."

"Okay, Sweets, apartment, journal, keep an eye on the kid. Got it. Bones...let's go."

"What?"

"No, I'll go. I've got the specs done, and they've already been emailed to you guys. Dr. B is needed at the lab still." Hodgins intervenes. Booth sighed, but nods and doesn't make a fuss out of it.