3 - Stand by me

"I won't be afraid. Just as long as you stand, stand by me"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe after the "incidents" of the last century I had become insecure, Alice noticed and is now always trying to help me. I don't see the point in that though. I know I'm kind of pretty but I know that only comes with being a vampire. It's hard to not put yourself down when you are surrounded by inhumanly beautiful people. I still feel like people give me dirty looks because I don't belong next to Edward. Although I know he's not with me for money or my power I still find myself wondering if we didn't have the mate bond would he be attracted to me at all.

And every now and again I think of my life without us all being vampires. I would be able to have children and grow old alongside my husband. My children would have Edwards deep green eyes and crooked smile. I would have a little boy and a younger girl if I could choose so that he could take care of her. I would watch my children grow up to have themselves a life. I would tease my baby girl about her boyfriend and my son about embarrassing memories. Edward would be an amazing father. Sometimes I wonder if Edward was with someone else if they could give him that. Though my powers can grant fertilisation I can't give myself that power. I don't want to be selfish so I will give Rosalie this for her birthday which actually happens to be a week before my wedding. It may kill me not being able to have my own family but I cant be malicious about it. Emmett and Rosalie deserve it more than me anyway...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSE!!! "We all boom. A giddy smile appears upon Rose's face when Emmett kisses her forehead and tells her its present time. I blocked Alice's vision so she is just as surprised as everyone. I also asked to give my present last. So Rosalie started opening her presents. She got a sapphire locket from Emmett which had "my Rosie" engraved into it. Alice and Jasper got her a whole new wardrobe of clothes and Edward had gotten her an engine for the car she was working on. Carlisle and Esme got her a Michael Kors watch in rose gold. Then when Rosalie grinned up to me expecting me to hand her a present I smiled and told her to come over to me. When she did I put my hand on her stomach and whispered the words "oikogéneia" meaning family and her eyes widened and she started to cry - genuine tears. She gasped so then Emmett turned to me suddenly angry "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY MATE?" he screamed. Edward let out a low growl and put his arm around my waist. I smile forcefully and managed to choke out "Rose, care to tell him?" With that I left the room Edward hot on my tail.

When we reached our room I heard Emmett squealing in joy and saw in my vision that he had picked her up and was spinning her around. "I'm going to be a daddy" we heard from below us. Edward looked me in the eyes and gave me a kiss on the forehead. "I wanted that" I whisper whilst holding back a sob, "Me too baby, me too" he says whilst I lean on his chest. Then a beaming Rosalie and Emmett appear at the door "Thank you Bells" they squeal and me and Edward both smile holding back the venom spreading to our eyes. They quickly leave too happy to notice our insincere smiles. I do feel selfish that I wasn't able to be happier for them but for tonight I just couldn't.

"You could try with your powers one day, when you are stronger" He says with hope.

"I will" I promise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time my wedding day comes Rosalie is more than showing. Rosalie does my hair and Alice does my makeup. Unfortunately for me there is still a lot of pain surrounding my wedding and not because of any baby upset, it's more because I want my dad to walk me down the aisle and he's not here. As much as I think of us Cullen's a family it's not the same. Rosalie gives me a knowing look and smiles as if reminiscing a memory "I know it hurts Bells I wanted my dad to walk me down the aisle too. But today is not a sad day, okay? Think about who you're going to meet at the altar because that's who today is about-you and him, nobody else. I smile and think of my soon to be husband.

Once the finishing touches are done on my hair and make-up I get my dress on...

Carlisle takes my arm and we begin to walk up the aisle that Alice had created in our garden

"Don't let me fall Dad" I whisper to Carlisle because even if he isn't my father he feels like one to me.

"Never" Carlisle whispers back looking slightly bewildered but somehow happy at the same time.

We take long and elegant steps towards the altar even though all I want to do is run full speed to my future. Right now, I can honestly say that I have no regrets and I am ready for what is going to happen.

As soon as I get to the altar its like no-one is here besides me and Edward.

Before we know it we are making our vows.

"I Isabella Marie Swan, take thee, Edward Anthony Masen Cullen, to be my lawfully wedded husband. I promise to love you till the end of time. I can't offer enough because I could live a thousand lifetimes before deserving you. You make me happy and I hope I can to. You are my best friend my soul mate and I am so irrevocably in love with you. You are my world, my being and there is nothing I would want more than to spend an eternity with you."

"I Edward Anthony Masen Cullen, take thee, Isabella Marie Swan, to be my lawfully wedded wife. For you have made me the man I am today. Before you my life was a bland sky now I look up and it's filled with a billion stars. I know sometimes it's hard for me to admit but I need you. I love you. No matter of time could ever be enough, beautiful, so can we at least start with forever?"

It feels like as soon as it has begun it was over when we heard:

"You may now kiss the bride"

I didn't even hear the cheers and claps of our family and friends. We had proved everyone wrong. I love him and he loves me and for now that is more than enough. He is my future, my present and my past.
--------------

The feels <3

Vote and comment please!

-alwaystwilight

xx

Her fragile heartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara