12- Purpose

"I put my heart into your hands
Here's my soul to keep"
---------------------------------------
"Good evening ladies and gentlemen!" I hear Aro boom excitedly "you are all here today to witness the coronation of the sovereign Queen and her king"
Hushed whispers fill the air, I look at Edward nervous and he smiles reassuringly and gives my hand a squeeze and I grin knowing that no matter what happens the man I love will always be standing beside me.
----------------------------
"May I present your new leaders, Queen Isa and King Edward"
Heads held high, power obvious in our every move, Edward and I take our crowns watching as we are surrounded by claps, calls and whistles but all the noises are drowned out by a small smile grazed on Edwards lips as he looks at me proudly, I smile graciously and turn back to grin at my family and I get the same in return.
"As your queen, I serve to protect you, to do what I believe will help everyone, defend our secret and strengthen our society. I will not punish on diet or views but on your actions, as a monarch should. I will guide our people into better things for as long as my unbeating heart keeps me on this earth and much after that. Forever isn't a promised time but what is promised is my vow to you, my people and I will keep it for as long as my forever may be."
"LONG LIVE THE QUEEN" the crowd chants and with that me and Edward leave the throne room with the rest of my family.
---------------
"Did you see Tanya in the crowd?" Edward whispers and we all shook our heads.
"She's just going to have to receive a royal invite..."
Then Edward takes my hand, "can I have this dance?" he laughs and I'm quick to take his offer.
We waltz, tango, foxtrot and party throughout the night.
Because tonight not only are we celebrating our reign we celebrate the promise of tomorrow...

My head hits the pillow with a thud "that was fun" I whispered faintly but it wasn't to anyone.
I told Edward to enjoy the party but I was going to get some sleep which with small objections he let me go.
I lay on my silk bed and allow my mind to replay the events of tonight, I smile at the familiar feeling of pride that surges through my chest when I see Edward take his crown, I see Alice and Jasper dancing and Rose and Emmett laughing away, I see Carlisle joking with Esme hand round her waist and Emmett whistling at them.
But I'm suddenly pulled out of my thoughts when a sharp pain enters my chest, immediately as if on instinct I teleport to Edward only to see him locking lips with an unmistakable Tanya Denali...
And it is in that instant that my heart finally shatters.
"Bella!" Edward shouts "Bella, I need you to listen to me... please" he begs. But I'm quick to teleport back to our room and lock the door so absolutely nobody can open it besides me.
It's here when I let the pain show.
How could he? After everything we've been through and after everything that bitch has done to us? Loud, inhuman sobs leave my body. The sound of pure misery because today I mourn not only my unborn child but my mate, my soulmate, the man who was made for me and this time, nobody's here to say it's going to be alright.

After what seems like a lifetime my sobs stop and little hiccups are left, soon to be replaced with nothing.
I get up feeling nothing but numb and go to the bathroom. Taking a face wipe I take off any makeup that was put on before returning to my spot at the door.

"She doesn't love you like I do
She doesn't have my name
However she tries to act like it
She'll never be the same
But she's new and she's beautiful
You've never been in a fight
Yeah it's awfully perfect now
But you just know deep inside
She's not me
She's not me
She's not me
Baby
She's not me" I sing, this time my voice travels through the castle even though I'm hardly making any noise. My voice stays strong, which I'm grateful. The whole castle is in silence, well besides my whole family banging on my door to ask me if I'm okay.
"Bella.. please you have to understand I didn't kiss Tanya, she's trying to manipulate you into thinking I did. She came onto me and I tried to push her off but then you came.. baby please, I'd never do anything to hurt you" Edward begs outside of my door.

"Baby, I'm not made of stone, it hurts...
Loving you the way I do, it hurts
When all that's left to do is watch it burn...
Oh baby, I'm not made of stone, it hurts" I sing softly even though my voice keeps cracking.
"I didn't mean to hurt you. I promise, I couldn't hurt you. Please don't let that bitch spoil what is supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life. How about this love, rewind the night to before you came here and not only can you check that I'm telling the truth you can erase the memory for at least tonight so we can end the night how it was meant to be, happy."

"Okay" I whisper and open the door quick to wrap my arms around him. "I love you" he keeps repeating .
"I love you too" I whisper.
"I say we end her" Emmett shouts.
I shake my head a small giggle escaping, "No, Emmett but we will teach her a lesson and we all know it's been coming for a while"
^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^+^
-Alwaystwilight
xoxo 😂💕