7 - Life of the party

"We don't care what them people say."

In the bad times you have to find a reason to carry on no matter what and so I did. My husband, family and unborn baby are what are keeping me up right. It's not any bit obvious that I am in fact pregnant being only eight weeks along but thats not what matters, it is the actual fact s/he's there.

To be completely honest not a lot has changed, well apart from the morning sickness and a couple of cravings but other than that, the household has stayed quite collected.

Emmy looks about 8 which I know really worries Emmett and Rosalie, we hope that her vampire genes might slow down her growth later on in life but for now all we can do is treasure the moments we do have with her as if they're her last. That does sound awfully depressing but really its not we have all graduated school and so are spending the days on family outings and theme parks which to be honest is the most fun I've had in months.

Right now its about one o'clock in the morning and I am driving in our newer version of the Volvo with Alice and Jasper in the back and Edward in the passenger seat, we are going to the universal studios in Florida. It has been tiring because it's a four day journey including a ferry ride. So Edward, jasper and I have all been taking shifts even though it's not really necessary for them but it does get quite boring if we don't. So whilst I gave them all the power to sleep I was driving down the endless roads following the satnavs directions carefully.

It's about five in the morning when Edward wakes and he gives me a frown as he looks at the time.

"You were supposed to wake me." he whispers.

"Yeah, but you looked so peaceful and I'm not overly tired" I defend.

"Are you okay, shall we swap at the next service station?"

"Yeah but you may as well go back to sleep for an hour because I've literally just passed one and the next one isn't for a while"

He nods his head still looking kind of sleepy so I strengthen my power on him and he's out like a baby, his hair flopping down and a faint smile on his lips.

I drive for another hour or so and I finally pull into a service station. I get out of the car, and fill the car with diesel before going into the garage, peeing, paying and buying a hot chocolate. You see, since being pregnant the taste of coffee has been disgusting for me and I know I need to drink more milk anyway. When I return to the car everyone has woken up and me and Edward swap places. The car pulls off and we are back on route an it's not long till I'm falling into a dreamless sleep.

I wake up and it's about 10 o'clock, not bad at least I got a few hours sleep. I glance up at Edward, he's sat faintly singing along to the radio. Alice and Jasper aren't asleep but are cuddled against each other talking in hushed whispers, obviously I can't hear them because my mundane ears don't allow me to listen to that volume but I don't think I want to because Alice and jasper keep making gooey eyes at each other.

"Morning" I say wiping my eyes.

"Good morning baby girl" Edward replies "how you feeling?"

"Alright actually"

About an hour later I eat my words.

"Edward, pull in!" I practically scream. And he does, I am so lucky we are just on a quiet road. It's disgusting but there isn't anywhere to go so I do end up puking on the side of the road with Edward holding my hair out of my face. When it's over I take a big drink of the bottled water Alice hands to me and calm back down.

"Are you okay?" Alice asks before anyone else can get a word in.

"Yeah, just morning sickness, I'll be fine in a second" I tell her.