CHAPTER ONE

I put two walls between sanity and I

FAREWELLS - ANEELA KEALOHA

The landscape was foggy and windows were always blurred at her old home, as if a depressed cloud was covering deep within the city happiness, also called hygge. Doors were closed allowing the present hiding behind the woody doors to stay hidden within their despondent spirits.

From Hawaii, close to Big Bog in Maui, She vane from. The memories of her old country haunted her thoughts to the point where she distanced herself from reality. Every little thought was driving her closer to insanity.

Even though she was sitting down on the arid seat while the plane was making its way, now even closer to human earth, she could not stop overthinking her bold choice.

Leaving her family on such short notice was difficult, not only for her but also her very own parents and three siblings.

Indeed, life was challenging. Her parents would not allow Aneela to get married at the age of nineteen, so they simply sent her off with only a few dollers in usage.

Let off the fact that she was being sent to a unfamiliar country and city; The heated hotspot of Italia, the adventurous and expensive Milano.

The plane had landed perfectly when Aneela came back to her full senses. She took the time, packing down the few suplies she unpacked three hours ago.

Glancing to the left while packing, her eyes followed the movement of the native Italian, all of them had a dark appearance as they had been fortified centuries back in time.

Maybe it was not as bad as she thought of at first. She actually fitted in the crowd, except her skin was slightly darker, and she had shining, emerald eyes.

Finally she finished unpacking. She took the one and only bag she brung over her shoulder. Aneela did not bring much, only a few pair of clothes and some food from home.

She carried the weight without further problems, and she spoke a quiet farewell to the stewardess.

Luckily for her, she knew how to speak english. In her old village she would find herself helping every other person with taxes, because truth to be told, Aneela was an intelligent young woman trapped in an old village. And that definitely limited her opportunities at life.

Being the shy girl she was, it would be difficult to get a job. But she was pesistent on acting extrovert, something she had a hard time at and people often misunderstood her for an arrogant girl.

She got her energy from relaxing but that did not mean, that she loved having company and talking with people. Just not strangers.

Waling out of the big and expensive airport she was greeted by the warm fauna of Italy. She arrived at the capital. So now she was standing like the confused human being she felt as, in the middle of the busy streets of Rome.