CHAPTER NINE

Your cries can be heard from oh so far away

HIDDEN PAST

Next morning she woke up with a rush. The comforting feeling of a silk blanket underneath welcomed her, and a small sigh left her lips. She took a small breath, before opening her eyes. She was greeted with the hypnotizing colors of the morning sun. The sky was dancing before her eyes.

A small knock was heard from the other side and she immediately sat up straight, pushing her backside onto the wood of the bed. Looking straight ahead she finally could calm her nerves, realizing that he would never wake her up. He, Domenico, had probably already gone out.

"Come on in," she said, while tucking a strand of brown hair behind her small ear.

Not a second later, the heavy door opened, and the face of a grown woman greeted her.

"Good morning sunshine, I take it you've finally woken up," the sweet voice of Sarah greeted her. She felt content with Sarah, so she laid back once again.

"Yeah I am awake. What's the clock?" She couldn't help but let the question escape her tired lips, biting onto her lips afterwards and blushing crimson.

Sarah went over to the curtains, pulling them apart and letting the sun hitting Aneela straight in the head. She ducked under, and Sarah laughed quietly.

"It's 11 am sweetheart, you must have been very, very tired," she once again laughed.

Aneela chuckled, while letting another question slip her lips.

"When did he wake up?" She bit her inner cheek furiously, instantly regretting opening her mouth. However, Sarah already knew who 'he' must have been.

"Mr. Alessi went to work at 6 am, ms."

Nodding her head, she observed Sarah while she took the time to put on clothes and get ready.

Sarah went out a while after, and finally, feeling at peace, she went under her bed and grabbed her diary. A long sigh left her lips, and for a while she closed her eyes, imagining the foggy smell of her home country in the morning, and the unholy sun burning her already tan skin.

One again she sighed and then, finally she came up with the sweetest smile she could manage to pull of at the moment, at the given situation.

Oh how she missed her old company at the Italian restaurant, how she missed the calm voice of Santonia and the safe atmosphere. How she missed her parents and brothers and sisters.