CHAPTER EIGHT

You don't understand, I wish you understood

UNSPEAKABLE THOUGHTS

She did not even make it to the end of the stairs, when she saw Domenico's driver at the bottom of the white stairs. A small smile crept onto her plump lips and she tried to remember his name, only to realize that she did not know his name. No one had ever told her.

She battled with her inner thoughts, choosing if wether she should just keep quiet or ask him. The bored look in his eyes told her to keep her mouth shut. She walked over to where he was standing and the driver wasted no time, showing her the way to the jet-black car she had come to know better.

The ride began, and while she looked out, Aneela could not help but feel the sincere happiness filling her small body. She wanted to scream at the top of her lungs, and it took a lot of strength to act normal in the expensive car.

Something she still did not understand is why Domenico had agreed to let her stay with him. She had expected for the bitter man to just give her up. She was not really a distraction to him, mostly she kept quiet, but still she could not make her mind up on the whole scenario. Most of the time, she just felt out of place.

Aneela knew that she would never get used to the high-class life, and it did not exactly help that Domenico did not acknowledge her most of the time.

Deciding to just let her mind and body relax, she sat back and rested her dizzy head on the built-in pillow. Soon enough they had reached the destination, and she walked up the porch that never failed to amaze her.

The driver swiped his card against the metal scanner, and the dark, wooden door opened itself.

"There you go, have a nice evening m'am," he said formally, and Aneela nodded, letting a tired smile escape her lips.

The mansion was quiet as usual. She gave up looking for Domenico, simply because she did not care about him anymore. He could do whatever he wanted to, probably keeping himself occupied with work. She simply did not care and she was drained from energy.

Putting her workout clothes from her, she went into the living room and layed flat on the enormous sofa. Before she knew it, her eyelids gave up on her and she fell asleep on the couch.

He pulled a hand through his thick, slightly curled hair. A tired sigh escaped his plump pink lips, reminding him off remembering to get at least five hours of sleep tonight. He knew that would not happen, because he would usually get drunk intentionally to forget his sorrows, while Aneela slept in the other end of the house.

Domenico dropped his gear at the table in the kitchen and while he took the whiskey out from the cabinet, he could not help but let his mind wander on to the girl that probably slept at this cold, late night. What was the clock even? Domenico had no idea, and he did not bother to find out.

He wondered about how the lessons had went, and if she had been happy. Realizing his sudden interest in her, he laughed maniacal but only shortly because then his eyes flicked to the light in the living room.

He kept a straight face that let nothing off, even though he was exhausted. When he saw Aneela laying on the couch with closed eyes and a peacefull complexion a weird feeling washed over him. He felt the need to finally look at her without her catching him in the act.

His dark eyes wandered over her body, from her thin, decent looking legs, to her defined bone structure. Aneela had this special aura about her, but he would never admit that to her. Though there was something about the way she held herself, like she was not worth more than a dollar.

He had not really done anything to make her feel worth more than that and he knew he was behaving like an ass towards her. His eyes wandered unintentionally to her cleavage, looking at her firm breasts. That is when he finally realized, that he was not gazing at a girl but a fullgrown woman.

Truth is that he did not want her close to him because he was afraid that he could not control himself. He wanted the distance between them, that was why he still tried to loathe the girl with every fiber in his being. However, deep inside of him, he knew that she would cause trouble to him either way around. It was a matter of time, but he promised himself to never let that happen.

Suddenly she moved, scrunching her eyes due to the sharp lights. When she finally opened her eyes, Domenico was leaning against the wall, boring his eyes right into hers. She gasped, surprised by his presence. She forced herself to focuse on him and not her thighs, her cheeks already burning. She loathed him and his intimidating, sexy frame.

"Sorry," she muttered under her breath, hoping to get past him. However she stood still in the same spot, somehow not being able to move. And why? Because she made the mistake to look into his eyes, and when she did, she saw something different. She saw the usul coldness that send chills down her spine, but she also saw something entirely new that she could not figure out. It made her curious about him.

"Funny how you apologize for falling asleep on the couch. Do I really intimidate you that much, Aneela?" He said her name delicately, making her look up into his observing eyes and her heartbeat turned rapid.

he crossed his arms, the muscles flexing in his upper arms. She also saw his tan muscles under his white shirt that had a few buttons undone. He looked extremely sexy, even though his hair was a mess and he had bags under his eyes.

This mans beauty should not be allowed in a crowd full of women, even though that was exactly where he thrived.

"I- I don't know," she said nervously, not wanting to give him the satisfaction by saying 'yes'.

Suddenly he took a step forward, almost closing the gap between them. She smelled his cologne, which only made her knees go more weak. This man had already won, but Domenico was not a man to give up some good entertaining. She knew that and she hated him for it.

"You sure do. The problem with you is not your lack of abilities to behave correctly, no. You hate the power I have over you, don't you?" It was not a question.

A small smirk placed upon Domenicos lips when she did not dare to glance in his direction. He took a single step closer and then his two fingers came in contact with her smooth, mulatto skin. He forced her to look into his eyes by turning her face up by the chin, and when their eyes met she held her breath.

"The issue is really that I see the interest you have in me, the false hope that I might be interested in you too. That is the most unrealistic and ridiculous thought you could ever come up with."

She did not even dare to blink. Her eyes bored into his, the humiliation washing over her face. Domenico only stared coldly into her hurt eyes. She turned her face and walked away, the only sound in the house being her feet hitting the floor.

That night she feel asleep with tears streaming down her face, unknowing of the fact that he had not meant a single word that he had spoken. While she had been drowning in her own tears, he had drowned in the strong taste of expensive whiskey.

If you're reading this, please help me with my book by voting and leaving a comment, because tbh I like comments more than likes because I get to know your thoughts. Thx for being patient with me!