CHAPTER TWO

I wish I was in love but I don't wanna cause any pain

DOSES OF KINDNESS COMBINED WITH RUTHLESSNESS 

Sun peeped out from the long, dark curtains, and silence enclosed the little room where Aneela was to be found.

Laying between the freshly made sheets, one of her legs peeped out causing a contrast between white and dark.

A window nearby was unshut, letting the chill air hit Aleenas spine, causing goosebumps to travel down her mulatto skin.

Then a breeze so strong and brisky woke her up instantly and she fell down from the hotel bed, head first. It was not the most exclusive hotel, but she did not mind. Maybe in the future she could afford something more classy.

But classy did not mean good. At least not when it came to Aneela. Home was where you felt at peace.

Aneela swore under her breath, before recalming and taking it upon herself to get ready. She did get ready pretty fast, not being aware of the excitement showing on her glowing face and rosy cheeks.

She gathered her thick, brown hair in a ponytail and cleaned the mess she made yesterday, when she came to the hotel at night. Stopping for a moment, she sat down on the edge of the bed and took a deep breath.

Today is a great day, she thought to herself as she made her way to the little bathroom. Brushing her teeth and washing her face in front of the mirror was quiet, letting the depressing thoughts about her family consume her.

She looked away from her own relflection, holding back tears and putting on her best smile. Trying to fool herself.

Swinging the black bag over her shoulder, Aneela walked out of the frizzy room and locked the door with a metal key. Number 70. it said on the wooden door.

The grey, almost white walls with silver lamps hanging elegantly made ataraxia with the brown carpet, running along the long corridor. Even though this place was not as beautiful as other hotels may have been, there was still something special about Hotel Garina. It was like an imprint, leaving its trail of meaningful people behind.

Or just people with money. Aneela took the elevator down to the lobby, skipping breakfast as usual. She was greeted by lots of people. Mostly family's either having a good time together or yelling at eachother in italian.

The wonderful brightness hit her like a truck, when she walked out of the swing doors and onto the busy streets of Milano. It was shocking to Aneela to see all these people having errands early in the morning. So many people making their way through the crowd and now she was one of them.

She walked and walked, the excitement never leaving her skipping stomach. The cloudless, blue sky and the hot weather did not bother her as much as it did to others, but she was grateful that she decided to wear a pair of brown shorts and a blue t-shirt today.