Far Far Behind

"I don't care what everyone else says", he said, looking into my eyes.

"Charlie, are you sure? Are you sure this is what you want?"

He nodded. "I'll leave it all behind. Everything".

I nodded. I was scared. Unbelievably scared. But I trusted him. And I loved him.

This was what we both wanted.

"Go. Pick me up in twenty minutes", I whispered.

He nodded and snuck out.

I smiled to myself and started rapidly but quietly going through my things.

I ignored the increasing pain of guilt in my stomach. We were really doing it. We had talked about it for so long. i thought they were all just dreams that we both knew would never come true.

We were leaving. Running away. Me and the man I thought to be the one. The one I'd spend my life with forever.

I was only sixteen and he was seventeen. But we were in love. Young love, I guess it was the strongest of all. Or so I thought.

I packed everything I could fit in my backpack and snuck out of the house. I looked everything over twice to make sure I'd never forget it. The peeling paint on the walls , The crooked picture frames, the creaky steps. I took it all in.

I stepped into the wet grass with bare feet. I had packed all of my shoes and was too lazy to get any out.

I started walking down the road. I smiled and signaled as I saw his car pull up. I ran and jumped in.

Then we took off. We left our worlds behind. We didn't care. We didn't think if the many hardships and consequences to come our way. We just wanted to love each other.

And I missed that. The carelessness of two teenagers who were in love. Some people say that we were too young to be in "Love".

They say that it was something else. Desire to be wanted, or valued or something stupid like that. But I know what it was. It was love.

But now those are just painted memories, losing color everyday.

But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't forget a single detail from that night. Not a image would escape my memory.

Now things were different. They were real. My once vivid fairy tale had turned into a real life.

We ran away alright. We ran states away. We lived for about a year, just loving each other.

But then one day, he just grew up. He turned into a man. He stopped believing in the fairy tale that I did. He stopped believing in the word "love".

He tried to turn me into the same boring character. But that's when it all came crashing down. The fights. The screaming. The words. The awful, awful words that still stung.

And that's when our fairy tale book ended. Now the pages are filled with dust.

I went home and went back to my parents.

They forgave me for everything. I lived there for as long as I could bear it. As long as I could drive past that house down the street. As long as I could bear to see everything that reminded me of him.

I wanted to leave ever since I turned 18, but of course, I didn't have the money. So I saved and saved. And worked my butt off until now.

Now. Now I was free. All was aligned perfectly. I was a proud 20 year old, leaving her home town.

And finally, every single thing that reminded me of my lost love would be left behind. Left far far behind. 

Hey! New story! Hope you guys are excited! Please vote and comment your thoughts!