Does He Know? (Part 2)

I squeezed in between them just as he threw his punch right into my shoulder.

It didn't hurt at first. It was numb. Charlie was closing his eyes, probably expecting the blow. When he felt none, he opened his eyes.

I took a deep breath as he saw me in between them. I didn't touch my shoulder, cause that would cause him to flip. But he already knew.

He moved away from Marshall and gently but firmly grabbed me.

He was frantic. "Oh god. Oh god. Are you okay? Where is it? Joanna, I..... Say something!" He said searching my body.

I closed my eyes and tried to endure the pain. It hurt like mad, but I had to remain calm. For Marshall.

But when his hand lightly brushed my shoulder, I let out a soft whimper.

And that soft whimper was too much.

He ran back to Marshall and shoved him back into the wall. He lifted his fist to punch, but I softly grabbed it.

"Charlie, please..... Can we go home? Please", I begged.

His fist was shaking in anger, but he gave into my disappointed eyes.

He slowly let Marshall go.

"Joanna... I...." Marshall began.

Charlie shut him up with a glare that could kill.

I walked back to car. Charlie was trying to keep up with me, but when I was angry, I was fast.

I got In the car and slammed the door. He got in next to me.

He gently touched my shoulder and tried to reveal the wound. I pushed his hand away.

"Can we just go home?" I snapped.

He drove us home in silence. I walked up to the apartment with him right behind me. I had to open the door with my left arm, because my right shoulder hurt so bad.

Charlie noticed and tried to open it for me. But I beat him to it.

He did the same with the bedroom door, but I wanted to do it myself.

"Just let me help you", he said, as I opened the door.

"Just leave me alone", I said.

"Please.... I want to help", he whined.

"I don't need your help".

"I know it hurts. You cant even move your right arm", he said, starting to cry.

"I'm fine", I said.

"Please.... Let me see it", he said walking over to me.

I walked farther away. "Why do you always have to ruin everything! I'd be better off anywhere but here!" I yelled.

He let his tears roll. "Are you saying you want to leave me? Is that what you're saying , Jo?"

"I don't know what I'm saying. I just don't know",
I said.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry", he sobbed.

I started to cry too. I grabbed my pillow. "I think I'll sleep on the couch tonight", I said, walking out.

Charlie's POV
I collapsed in my bed. It reminded me of my dream. Except she wasn't screaming for help. She was pushing me away. And that was way worse. I wanted to help. I wanted to make things better. I wanted to ease her pain.

I knew how much pain she was in, even if she tried to hide it. And I would've done anything to take her pain away.

I lay in my bed for hours, trying to sleep. But looking over at the empty bed kept me up. I wanted to hold her and kiss her.