Home Sweet Home

"Mom, please don't cry. I'm 20 years old", I said, hugging her.

"Yes, I know. But I just keep remembering when you weren't. When you were just 16, living off somewhere in the big world, alone. I was so worried about you. And I just know its going to be like that."

"Mom, I wasn't alone. And besides, in stronger now. I can handle myself."

She wiped her eyes. "Oh yes. I know. I just need to take a few steps back."

I nodded. "Don't worry. I'll visit. I promise."

She nodded and hugged me again.

"Tell dad I said bye", I whispered through tears.

She nodded. "I will."

And picking up my last bags, I walked out the door. I took a deep breath and smiled.

This was it. I was going to start a new life. And I was going to do it with a smile on my face

I threw the last of my bags into the car. Right before I opened my door, I heard,"Jo! Wait!"

I froze in my tracks. For A second, the voice sounded like a voice I hadn't heard in three years.

But I turned around. It wasn't him, it was Keith. He and I had small crushes on each other...... When we were 13. But apparently, he didn't get the whole memo.

He still tried to act like we had something going on.

"Don't ever call me Jo", I commanded. I couldn't stand anyone calling me that... Anymore, anyway.

He put his hands up In defense. "Okay okay. Where you going?"

"I'm moving", I said.

"What? Where to?" He asked.

"That's not your business. I'm just moving."

"Can i come with you?" He asked.

I wanted to laugh. But then I thought it over. It would be nice to have some extra help. "Fine. But your renting a car or getting a taxi for your way back".

He nodded.

I got in to the drivers seat and we drove off. He kept talking to me.

"Keith, shut up! I'm driving!" I yelled, after he had been talking for about an hour.

"Maybe I could..." He started.

"No! You're not driving my car!" I interrupted.

He sat back in his seat and finally was quiet.

I turned on the radio. One if my favorite songs was playing. I quietly listened to it. Until Keith started singing. I literally was about to punch him in the face. But today was my happy day.

So I just switched the station. I kept switching, hoping to find a song he didn't know, but to no avail. Eventually, I just turned the radio off, tired of his obnoxious voice.

"Why did I let you come?" I asked.

"Because you simply can't resist me", he snickered.

I gave him a death glare. "Wanna bet? I will literally drop you off. Right here, right now!"

He put his hands back. "Okay! Okay, geesh honey bunches! Calm down!"

"Stop calling me stupid names!" I ordered.

"Yes ma'am", he said.

I rolled my eyes and kept going.

...

After six long hours and a million stops, we arrived. The town was a cute one. It looked like a scene from a movie. I smiled.

Everything was perfect. My new life was going to be perfect. I just knew it.

I pulled in front of my apartment and squealed. It was beautiful. Not really. It was kinda plain and small, but it was my first..... Second home away from home.

I grabbed my purse and a small bag and stepped out.

"Keith, get the rest", I ordered.

He sighed. I smiled and skipped in.

I got my key and flew up the stairs. I looked at all the rooms. I couldn't wait to meet my new neighbors.

My room was at the very end of the hall. I set my things down, fumbled with the key, and swung open the door.

I closed my eyes, not wanting to see it until I was ready.

I grabbed my things and stepped In. Then, I opened my eyes. I smiled brightly. This was my home. My home, sweet home.

Hey! I just wanted to day right now that this isn't going to be exactly like the one shot. I'm changing quite a few things, so don't think that I'm making mistakes. Hope you liked this! Dot forget to vote an comment! Love you guys!!!