Chapter 8

After cleaning up Cameron's mess, I walked over to the bottom of the staircase, stepping on the first stair.

"Wait!" I hear Cam's voice echo through the house.

I stop in my tracks, waiting for him to continue.

"Come be with me." He says sweetly. This must be some trick. He was so mean a second ago but now he wants to spend time with me? I walk over to the sofa where he sits. I don't want to make him anymore angry, so look at him confused. He smiles at me but then becomes confused as well.

"What?" He asks.

"You want me to be here with you?" I ask frustrated

He nods and I continue, "You just called me a slut and you want me to want to be around you?" I ask hold back my anger.

I waited for his response. It seem like forever until he finally said "I'm sorry." It was genuine and I could tell by his sigh of defeat and his low voice. I could tell that he didn't say it very often. I was still upset with him,but I accept his efforts and sit down next to him on the couch, leaving a bit of distance. I look up at the tv and see a show I've never seen playing. He handed me the remote and I changed it to American Horror Story, assuming that he would enjoy it too. Although every time I looked over at him, his eyes were resting leaning back on the sofa, some times leaning to the side but waking up slightly to sit up straight.

I place the pillow next to me on my lap and pull Cam's head down, meeting the pillow. he is shocked by my actions but relaxes and eventually falls asleep. I sit there, running my fingers through his hair slowly, thinking, maybe Cam isn't so bad after all...