Chapter 9

I wake up, hearing the front door close. I hear laughter and talking. I look down and see Cam sleeping on my lap and I kindly rub his shoulder, trying to wake him up. He shuffles, but doesn't wake up.

A crash is heard from the kitchen. Glass smashing on the marble floors. Cam's yes suddenly shoot open. He stands up quickly, glancing at me and speed walking to the kitchen. I hear him yell. He is angry and I don't know what to do so I sit there, listen to him yell. I don't even know who he is yelling at and why the glass broke, but it was obviously a bigger deal than I had thought. I stand up and walk into the kitchen, peeking in the doorway. I see Matthew, Aaron and Taylor, drunk, with a concerned Nash watching and making sure that they are ok. Nash was like a parent in the way that he cared about his friends and family, but he is often childish when dealing with a serious problem or conflict. He looks around and he looks at me. He walks over to me subtly, making sure not to distract Cam from scolding the drunken boys.

"Please take care of them. I'll take care of Cam." He whispers to me. I nod and Nash calls Cam's name, trying to make him think logically about the situation, about how the glass won't get fixed by him yelling at the boys. I walk over to the boys.

"Come on. Let's get you guys to bed. " I say leading them upstairs. They walk in their own separate rooms and I visit each of their rooms. Tucking them In and making sure they don't get up. I had to help Taylor get dressed, I had to read Aaron a bedtime story, and Matthew didn't want to sleep alone, he claims that he is afraid of the dark, but we all know that's a lie.

That night, Matthew pulled me into his chest where I felt warm and safe. Ugh. The mushy, gushy feelings are back. I push them away and think about reality, but dream of me and Matthew. But this time, there was a man in a mask. He played tricks on my mind and make me chose wrong. He made me change my mind. He made me believe I was happy when I wasn't. He made me make the biggest mistake of my life, He made me leave Matthew. I thought it was the devil, but when he removed his mask, I saw his face.

I saw Cameron's face.