Chapter 15

Olivia's POV

The ride was relaxing. I stopped talking and I assume Matt was thankful. It wasn't a really long ride, only about 20 minutes. I was deep in a daydream when I felt the car slow and park. I look up at the large building to the right. It was a mall. I looked over at Matt, who looked at me and waited for me to give him my attention.

"The mall?" I asked.

"It is the mall, but I'd be careful if I were you. Serious trust is being tested right now and it won't end well if that trust is broken." He told me sternly. I nodded and he turned to reached for his car door, to open it. I copied his actions and stepped out of the car. I turned and Matt was already protectively standing on my right. He grabbed my hand, but not roughly, just to show that he was in control.

"Don't try anything in here or it won't be pretty. " He threatened. I swallowed hard at his statement, he was kind of scary, but more serious than anything. He smiled at me and tried to brighten the mood by saying "Let's go have some fun." We walked a little faster toward the mall entrance. I was excited to shop and my clothing situation was out of control.

He opens the door for me and follows behind, rushing back to my side to keep track of me. He turned to me and asked  "Where to first?" Causing me to stop and look around at the different stores.

I grabbed his wrist and dragged him to American Eagle. I let go and walked over to the clothes, but he was close the entire time and I could smell him. He smelled like pine and mint and for some reason it was really comforting, even though he was invading my personal space.

I looked around at sweaters and shirts and I ran my fingers on the different fabrics. I stopped moving when I came across a soft, light blue sweater. Matt stepped on my heels, but realized and stepped back. I just looked at the sweater and the intricate pattern.

"Get it." Matt said out of the blue. I turned and looked at him surprised. I didn't want him to spend any money on me. Or any of them for that matter.

"I don't have any money."I answered honestly.

"I'll pay. " he smiled nervously.

"Why?" I asked seriously. Why would he even want to buy something for me.

"You obviously like it." He problem noticed that I was looking at it.

"I don't want you to spend any money on me." I was kind of uncomfortable for him forcing it.

I started to walk away, but he grabbed my arm lightly, stopping me. He grabbed one of the shelf and pulled me closer to the check-out counter. I stopped in my tracks. When he turned around I pointed at the sweater tag and he read it. He looked back at me apologetically and I pulled him back to the shelf. He grabbed a different size and looked at me for approval. I nodded and we headed to the check-out. I was still kind of annoyed, but it was nice that he bought it for me.

He noticed my annoyed expression and said "you better get used to getting spoiled because it's gonna happen a lot more."

"It better not." I said jokingly, but I was completely serious. He chucked and grabbed my hand and we started walking to the next stores. I didn't even realize that we were technically holding hands.