Chapter 10

I wake up suddenly from my slumber. It wasn't a nightmare but it was a scary dream. I sit there, trying to analyze the dream.

" What happened?" I hear Matt groan.

"Just a bad dream." I respond sighing.

"Come here. He says pulling me back into his chest. All my worries diminish. I lay there, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I soon fall asleep to his calm,steady heartbeat.

The next morning

I wake up, but I felt cold. I feel the empty sheets next to me and become extremely confused. I sit ups and see the sunlight poring in through the windows, drenching the carpet with warmth.

I pull the sheets off of my body and walk back into my room, I was still sleeping in Matthew's bed. I take a steamy shower and dress in leggings and an oversized, light blue sweater.

I walk down the large staircase and walk into the kitchen. I see the tired, hungover boys sitting at the bar ledge, and Nash cooking. He was making big, fluffy waffles. Everyone lied to me, they said that Matthew was the only one who could cook. I walk up and stand next to Nash. I leaned against the counter next to the stove, as I faced the boys at the bar. They all looked up at me, watching my actions. I turn to Nash, finally deciding to talk.

"Good morning. Is there any waffles for me?" I ask kindly. He smiles at me and I return the smile.

"Of course. Who could forget about you?" He asks in a silly manner. "Speaking of the waffles are done." He turns around setting all the waffles on place and putting three in front of the boy. He handed me a plate and held one in the other for himself. He left a couple more waffles on another plate on the counter. I assume for Cameron.

Speaking of, I wonder how he is. He was furious last night, but the glass was gone and no one seems affected by it.

Nash and I walk over to the table and sit down in the wooden chairs. I start eating my waffles. I am amazed.

"Nash! These are amazing! I didn't know that you could cook. Everyone lied to me and said that Matt was the only one that could cook. " I say, excitement easily heard in my voice.

Matt, Aaron, and Taylor flinch at my sudden outburst. I immediately calm myself, knowing the pain of being in that state. I did drink, but only at parties, but I never got uncontrollably drunk. I've never drunkenly hooked up with a guy at a party and I wasn't planning on it anytime soon.

I finish my plate and walk over to the sink. I start to wash my plate and hear Cameron's voice behind me. He takes the plate out of my hands and places it in the sink. He looks extremely tired and is still in plaid pajama pants with a plain white t-shirt showing his muscles.

"We have maids for that." He tells me quietly. He takes his plate off the counter and walks to the table. He sits down and starts eating. I am still confused but I shrug it off, walking into the family room to watch tv. I want to turn on some random show that doesn't require much attention. I turn on Sponge Bob and watch. I can tell that it's the 'pretty patties' episode which is my favorite. I then hear all the boys run into the room. They yell in excitement and high five each other. They all rush over and sit on the couch with me, slightly crushing me in the process. I shuffle over slightly, making room between Matt and I, so neither of us are smushed. He scoots closer to me and I scoot farther from him. Not to be mean, but because I'm trying to make sure they all have space. He continues moving over until...THUD!

I have fallen off the edge of the couch. I look back at the boys and they are all staring at me.

"Ow" I cry, whimpering. I'm not in that much pain but it's fun to see how people would react. They all rush to my side.

"What hurts?" Nash asks concerned. My ankle would be the most logical answer.

"My ankle" I whimper gripping my ankle and flinching in pain. Cameron picks me up and carries me to the bathroom, as the rest of the boys scatter, getting necessary things.

Cameron left the room and luckily I was in my bathroom. I reach over and grab red lipstick. Rubbing my ankle to make it look like it's swelling. I smear the lipstick with my hand and throw the lipstick back into the makeup bag. The boys came in right after. Matt asked me how much it hurt while Aaron and Nash examined it. Cameron wrapped my ankle. He grabbed my hand leading me off the countertop and supported me while I pretended to struggle to walk. After he led me to the couch to sit back down, the other boys sat down next to me and Cam left the room.

"Um, Olivia. What is this?" He called entering the room. He shows his hand covered in smeared lipstick. I look down at my hand and realize that I had it to, meaning that I forgot to wash it off.

"You're right. I faked it. But I would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids." I say throwing in a Scooby-Doo reference, hoping to bring humor to the situation. I hear muffled laughs coming from behind me and I see Cam holding back a smile, trying to keep his intimidating, angry look on his face. He soon gives in and starts laughing. I let out a sigh of relief and smile at the boys, who thought my joke was more funny than it really was.