Chapter 17

Olivia's POV

We had a weird dinner. The food was normal, but we didn't really talk the much. Matt was thinking and was zoning out a lot. After a while, Matt looked at me and smiled. He finally started talking to me and we had a nice conversation. He payed the bill and we left. We drove in the car for a while. He stopped at an old abandoned gas station and turned to me. He held out a black cloth; a blindfold.

"No way."

"Yes way. Just trust me. It'll be fun. We are just going for a drive, but it's a surprise." I was not convinced, but what's the worst that could happen, I've already been kidnapped. I put on the blindfold and I felt the car start to drive.

After a long ride, I felt the car come to a halt. The car keys rattled out of the ignition. And a car door opened. Then mine did. I unbuckled the seatbelt and Matt helped me out of the car.

He led me for a while, but stopped suddenly and I ran into the back of him. I took a step back and felt Matt messing with the blindfold. It fell to the ground as I took in the breathtaking view. The sun was setting and we are at high elevation. It was secluded and peaceful. I looked over at Matt and he was already smiling, looking back at me.

"I bet now you wish you had trusted me quicker. " he said smugly.

"Shh... I'm busy enjoying the view. " I retorted, turning back to face to sun, shining at the horizon.

He stayed quiet for a while and sat down on a nearby bench. I sat down with him.

"How did you find this place?" I asked. It was secluded, but also in the middle of everything; just where I wanted to be.

"When I would visit my aunt in California, I was never alone. She was sick and I need a place for myself. I used to run off and come here. I watched the sun fall and the stars appear. It was a place just for me." He explained. I nodded.

"Why did you show me?" My curiosity got the best of me.

"So you have somewhere to go too. No one knows about this. You can't tell anyone. None of the boys know about it either." Wait... A secret kept from the other guys, interesting. I thought they told each other everything. They are very tightly knit. I nodded in understanding to his statement and enjoyed the darkening sky.

Soon it got dark. I thought we would leave but I'm glad we didn't. We look at the stars. We found a bunch of constellations. This was a surprisingly good evening.

After a while, Matt turned to me and said "I have one more surprise for you."

"Another one. Matthew, do you have a magician's hat that has endless surprises?" I asked. He laughed and shook his head. "I think I've had enough surprises for one day. "

"Too bad. We have ONE more surprise and you'll be happy that you went. I'm not taking 'no' for an answer. " although he was being stubborn, it was kind of sweet.

What am I even saying. He is taking me on fun adventures but it doesn't mean anything. It will probably be my last time leaving the house forever. That lady at the mall did recognize me and that's not good.

We want to the car and hesitantly put on the blindfold from before. I guess I was ready for yet another adventure.