A Birthday Gift

"What  surprise to see you here Ethan!" Devin immediately unhinged his arm from the beautiful companion of an eye candy of his, and came running straight towards me. "I didn't get to see you this morning, did something happen?" He sounded genuinely worried not that it affected me at all. 

I couldn't speak and was struck speechless. I was caught just admiring his image. He had his hair loose, and has let the brunette strands flow into its natural form, not in his usual jelled back professionalism look. His handsomeness increased to a 110% (why that amount, I don't know! My mind is in awe) and it was impossible not to get dazed over it.

            "Umm..." My voice found itself lodged inside my throat.

            "Devin...?" That beautiful woman with him called, seemly confused being suddenly left alone.

            "Oh..! Jane...this is Ethan," the attorney happily introduced me as if the situation wasn't totally awkward at all, "and Ethan this is Jane, my younger sister."

Hearing that quick intro, I found myself internally being relieved upon hearing it. But that thought, I'll keep it to myself. "Nice to meet you," I gladly greeted the woman, holding out a friendly hand.

As got to gaze closer, I could pick up the some of the family resemblance. It appears great looks isn't just hereditary and but so are those lovely amber brown eyes. They must be a family trait.

            "It's my pleasure..." Jane shook my hand rather eagerly, "I finally get to meet that Ethan, my brother keeps bragging about you and of your lovely pastries, and he wasn't exaggerating on how adorable you are." She smiled, a gorgeous white gleam, near identical to her brother's.  

A blush crept onto my face and I glared at the smirking brother of hers, which just caused the sister to giggle. That just increased the intensity of my embarrassment.

            "It's true," Devin nodded. As they both stared at me completely pleased with themselves.

        "I heard it was your birthday," I coughed wanting desperately to change the subject.

            "We were celebrating it not a moment ago," said Jane, "I had to accompany poor Devin because a certain someone rejected the offer...?" at that moment, if I was drinking a can of beer I would spitting every content all over their lovely clothing, ruining the material. I liked the idea.  

            "That's right," the brother whined. The two siblings gave me this identical sad face, that nearly got me to feeling guilty. 

            "I only found out about your birthday today," I pathetically protested. Dealing with one Devin is hard enough but add in a female counter part is a whole different ball game and additional problem.  

            "Oh...? You would've agreed to go if you knew is was my birthday?" the man grinned.

At that moment, I really and so badly wanted to punch the damn guy in the face, "Going on a date and celebrating your birthday are two different things," my eyes shifted away from his unwavering gaze him, as I mumbled.  

Devin gave off a playful groan," See Jane, I told you he's a stubborn one." He quickly hugged and caught me from behind, before I decided that I really wanted to land a slap across his face, or the much prefered punch to the jaw. 

            "I see," Jane giggled watching me trying to squirm free from the iron arm chains, "you always couldn't resist challenges."

That statement hit me hard, and my heart stopped for just a second. He likes challenges? So this attorney's flirting persistence is due to the fact I am a challenge to him? ...