Unexpected Vister!

Devin has been gone for a total of 4 days, but he was finally able to come home today after finishing what he had to do at the capital. Despite the short time spent with Hunter during these few days I managed to create somewhat of a daily routine with him. It made me realize that if I had a dog my days would be like this. I began scolding myself for being a fool for believing at the beginning that I couldn't take care of a pet. When in actual fact I could.

Plus, Hunter or having a dog is a good excuse to take a break from the bakery and get some fresh air during the day, and also gives me the chance to see how the schedule was going on with the renovations of my new store. Also I can annoy Melanie in the process by leaving the shop in her tender care. Which is also a huge advantage for my inner sadistic enjoyment.

Today, this early morning, Hunter had to get dropped off at his groomer. I obviously had to take him there. The salon, fortunately, wasn't too far, but I still had to travel the distance by car.

When upon arriving at the noted store, a rather, attractive blonde female receptionist greeted us when we walked in through the door.

 "For Hunter," I told her. The receptionist slightly flinched in surprise looking to me with some confusion then she gazed at Hunter. Her reaction made me a little curious.

"Hunter!" the dog suddenly jerked on his leash in my hand, clearly excited about something or someone. That person appeared to be Jane, Devin's sister.

"Good to see you big boy," she playfully pinched his cheeks. Hunter enjoyed the play as he was panting happily and his tail wagged to no ends with great vigor.

"Ethan!" The woman nearly screeched at a high pitch when she saw me, and got up to give me a bear strength of a hug as a friendly greeting. "So nice to see you." She cried.

"Good to see you too," I nearly choked from the tightness of her embrace. Damn, this woman is strong despite her small frame.

"I hope my brother didn't cause you any problems by dumping darling Hunter onto you like that. He can be thoughtless sometimes," She frowned and placed her hands on her hips.

"Nah..." I waved it off, "It wasn't too much trouble. Hunter has been good boy and he's much easier to handle then his own master." a smirk gleaming on my face.

Jane giggled. "Don't let my brother hear that, it would most definitely hurt his ego... Melissa," she turned to the blonde receptionist," .. take Hunter to the wash station." The receptionist nodded and motioned for me to give her Hunter's leash, though the dog appeared to have nothing of it and walked his self, clearly knowing the way.

I watched him confidently walking away with the receptionist trying to catch up to him. The scene seem to have entertained Jane as she was laughing softly. I didn't find it that funny, but I can somehow see it being amusing, however not that much.

"So I guess you own the place?" I asked, assuming so. She did just gave an order to the receptionist so she must have some higher authority.

"Most definitely," She smiled, sounding very proud of herself, "and I have another just 4 streets down."

"Nice," I nodded and a bit impressed. 

"You know... one of these days you and I need to have a real chat together. I want to get to know the guy my brother was so desperate to get."

I let out a long sigh, "A lot of people have been saying that. That Devin has been going after someone and that person appears to be me."

"It's true! Believe me, you're the only one he's been putting great effort in asking you out because usually its the other way round, you know."