You are loved

"What the hell are you doing here?" Were the exact words my brother spat out the moment our eyes met.

I wasn't given enough time to escape, or make an exit before Trevor came through those doors and had immediately spotted me. He kept his focus right on me. 

Not a sentence came out of my mouth, as I stared blank. All of this took me by surprise, I think it took everyone by surprise. No one expected him to arrive to his mother-in-law's house so quickly.

"Well... aren't you going to answer me or are you just going to stare," Trevor snapped, glaring, "What the hell are you doing here?" he sounded enraged, demanding form me an answer.

"Your brother is my guest," Helen spoke before I did. Staring down my brother, "And you have no right to speak to my guest in such a manner, even if you are to be my future son-in-law."

"How you know his my brother?" Trevor looked a little shocked. Probably surprised by the knowledge his mother-in-law knew of my existence.

"I told her, obviously," said Lily rolled her eyes as she walked through the front door.

"What! I told you to tell no one. Do you have any idea what a traitor he is? Do you know what shame he has brought to our family?" My brother furiously pointed to me. Stabbing through my heart with an invisible knife.

"Shame. What shame, has your brother brought? All I know is, it was he who gave us help. It was because of him we even have a chance to win."

"That just bull, what has he done to help us?"

While the couple argued, rather loudly. Devin silently crept up beside me. I saw in his eyes, worry. He wordlessly asked, was I alright. I just nodded, knowing that he was here, is a huge comfort.

Devin placed a tender hand on my lower back, and gave me a gentle kiss on the side of my head.

"You know nothing abou... " Trevor froze and stopped mid-sentence "You can't be serious!" He immediately refocused back to us.

"It can't be true!" Trevor stared in disbelief. He must've seen the little moment between Devin and I. Any intellectual person could describe the true nature of our relationship.

Trevor stared. Mouth gaped, not believing.

"It is true. Devin is my boyfriend." I told him, near to a whisper. I reached to grasp Devin's hand.

"I was told you were still with that Roan... You can't be dating...!"

I shook my head. There is no need to hide the secret, now. From here on, I do not care what happens.

"No. It has been 5 years since I broke up with Roan. But it's Devin that I'm dating now."

Trevor took a step back, as if something rammed straight into his chest. And started to laugh manically. "So I see, were you planning on to bragging to us about how you saved the family, layer on. How you got your boyfriend to lead us with false sense of hope, that he's helping us from the kindness of his heart."

"I would never," I protested. That would never cross my mind. I would never to something that low, and never would I use Devin for such selfish gain or means.

"I would never do such a thing. Nor would I take such a pretentious advantage of Devin." I can't believe my own brother would even think I'll do something so devious.

"You expect me to believe that. Don't tell me that thought never came to mind."

"Why should I?" I don't understand. Why does he think so belittle of me? However, maybe its not that, but maybe its something else he's thinking of.