Lin x Reader (1)

Specifics for this one shot:
Okay so this one shot was inspired by schuylers- and the story is titled "The Schuyler Sisters." Now I know that it's not exactly like the prompt in the book but I never did it and I'm not sure if I had written this after or before I found the prompt, but they're similar in background so I didn't want to write 2 of almost the same thing. Your face claim is Dianna Agron.

Ps- sorry in the story I didn't mention stuff about tabloids but like I said I don't remember what order I found the book in and wrote this sooooo yeah
-Before Hamilton opened on Broadway... let's just pretend it started at RR and not at the off-Broadway Public Theatre.

-Lin is single

-You are about his age, make it what you want it to be :)

I woke up feeling very tired, but excited. I was going to audition for Eliza in Hamilton. I got into my cab and before I knew it I was at a studio, waiting in a separate room for my turn to audition.

About 25 minutes later my audition slot was up. I walked in the room with a smile on my face and introduced myself.

"Hi, my name is Y/N."

"Well, it's great to meet you! I'm Lin, I wrote the show. This is Alex Lacamoire, my musical collaborator for Hamilton and In The Heights. And this is Tommy Kail, our director."

"It's great to meet you all! So, today I will be singing Burn for you." I made sure I chose a song that meant something to me.

"Whenever you're ready," Lin said waving his hand up, fiddling with some of the paper lying on the table in front of him.

Here we go!

Lin's POV

Just like I had assumed, a lot of the girls were auditioning for Eliza. A lot of them had potential, while others were not so good. The next person walked into the room and, at this point, I didn't know what to expect out of anybody at all anymore. She introduced herself and I heard the intro play throughout the room. I took some last minute notes from the last audition, assuming this girl would be just like the others. That is, until I hear her singing.

"I saved every....." And all of a sudden I jerked my head up. Her voice was amazing.

TIME SKIP TO 3 WEEKS LATER IN YOUR POV

I woke up and checked the time. 12:00. I slept late. However, it helped in cutting my anticipation short, cause I was praying for an e-mail. They said they would e-mail the cast list at 1:30 today, and I was so excited. Eventually it was 1:00 so I walked to the coffee shop with my laptop and got a latte. I went on Twitter until I got a notification on the corner of the screen for an e-mail. This was probably it.

I opened a new tab and pulled up my Gmail. I looked in my primary notification box and saw a new email from Tommy Kail. I opened it, and couldn't exactly take everything in.

I didn't get Eliza.

I got Peggy.

And Maria.

No way! I didn't expect myself to get anything, I was extremely excited. The e-mail also listed that they would have mini private rehearsals with our scenes before having a full rehearsal with everybody. That seemed weird, I assumed it would be the other way around, but I didn't question it. I wasn't the one who was working on Broadway for years.

TIME SKIP TO YOUR MINI REHEARSAL- 1 WEEK LATER

I walked into the RR with the badge I received through a private email and printed, and I couldn't believe my eyes. The theatre was so beautiful. I was taking it all in, why all of a sudden I felt a tap on my shoulder. I spun around to meet with Lin's eyes.

"Hey!" I said and gave him a hug.

"Hello hello hello! Congratulations, Y/N. Your voice is so amazing. Incase you were wondering why you didn't get Eliza, well, you just look like a perfect Peggy and Maria, one, and two, I heard you singing that day. And I couldn't believe it. Sure, Eliza might be a more main role, but Maria is incredibly hard. And I knew you had to potential to do it."

"Thanks! I'm dumbfounded, really. I wasn't expecting anything at all. So do you wanna jump right in?" I asked in anticipation.

"Sure. Let's start with all of your accent notes in songs, then we'll move to your solo-y areas. Here's your music, and let's head backstage into my dressing room."

We went over some of my harmonies and then we began to work on the Schuyler Sisters. It was kind of funny to see Lin trying to sing the parts so it was easier for me to know what it would sound like with others. Then we started working on the hard duet we had, the one Lin cast me for.

"All-right, I think I'm ready to sight read it a little. It looks pretty hard around.. here." I pointed at a part a little later in the song.

"Yeah, well, I need you to try to belt that. Do you think you can?"

"Y-yeah."

Lin began to play the instrumental recording and we pretend that Burr was here talking along with us.

"---she said:"

"I know you are a man of honor. I'm so sorry to bother you at home, but I don't where to go and I came here all alone."

"She said:" 

"My husband's doin' me wrong. Beatin' me, cheatin' me, mistreatin' me. Suddenly he's up and gone, and I don't have to means to go on."

"So I offered her loan, I offered to walk her home. She said:"

"You're too kind, sir."

"I gave her 30 bucks that I had stocked away. She lived a block away, she said:"

"This one's my inn, sir."

"Then I said, 'Well I should head back home.' She turned red, she led me to her bed, let her legs spread and said:"

"Stay..."

"Hey..."

"Hey..." I said with a smirk. You're supposed to try to plan out your facials, even when you're just reviewing the music.

A little more singing later, Lin paused the music and talked to me:

"Alright, so here, we have to, well- make out. And later you sit on my lap. Are you sure you're okay with that?"

"Yeah, I guess."