Laurens x Reader (2)

It was the day of the ball, and John was in a carriage on his way. He couldn't wait to see his beloved friends once more. His goal, however, was to dance with Y/N. He was helpless.

Eventually, he arrived, waiting around the door for Y/N. He completely forgot about his friends until he heard a familiar voice.

"Laurens?" Alexander asked. John jumped, turning around. The mens' faces met and they gave each other a hand shake, patting the other on the back.

"How's life been treating you?" John asked. He clearly forgot about how sophisticated Alexander was when he spoke...

"Quite fine, I suppose. It is quite imperative that the colonies win he battle for independence, for if we are not able to build our own institution we could easily be stomped on by other nations." He responded. That sentence seemed a little too simple for Alexander. He could tell something was wrong.

"Um, Hamilton, is anything on your mind?"

"Actually, yes. I was just speaking to a charming woman, her name: Angelica Schuyler. She is quite the charmer, sophisticated and classy. I hope that I will be able to associate with her more in the future." He responded, sighing in wonder.

"Well, I hope all goes well for you." John said. In the distance, he saw Mulligan. He walked over with Alexander and they talked for a little. John shifted his eyes into the dance floor and noticed something that made him happy and mad.

It was Lafayette! His old friend whom he had missed so dearly!

... Lafayette dancing with Y/N. John turned a little red, getting a confused look from Aaron Burr, who he met once more a few minutes beforehand. Alexander spoke up:

"Is there somebody we should stay away from for you, pal?" Hercules laughed a little.

"Well, she's dancing with Lafayette..." John shuffled his feet around, the silence in the conversation was unsettling at the moment.

Y/N was having a fine conversation with Lafayette until she spotted Laurens. She stared at him, hoping to catch his gaze. She did, and she excused herself from dancing. Lafayette saw Laurens, but knew he should wait to talk with him, for he could tell John wanted to talk with
Y/N. Lafayette was an honorable man.

"Hello, John, care to introduce me to these gentlemen?"

"Sure! That's Alexander Hamilton, Mulligan, and Aaron Burr." The men said their share of greetings.

"Pleasure," Y/N said.

"Well, Y/N, uh... um. Yeah..." Laurens stuttered.

Alexander rolled his eyes in response, trying to hold in laughter.
"Y/N, would you care to dance with John? He get quite nervous."
John statues shaking, waiting for rejection. But it never came.

"I would love to dance with Laurens. Thank you sir, for your military service... and communication skills." Y/N said. Laurens was so happy, but tried not to show it. He took Y/N's hand, and the two walked to the center of the room. They danced very swiftly. They continued talking casually, and they were both having a good time.

"Y/N... would you like it if we wrote to each other frequently?" Laurens asked. He knew he would have to say something if he wanted to get anywhere.

"Yes, I would love that!" Y/N responded. They both took time to stop dancing and embrace one another.

The ball ended, and Y/N was walked home by Laurens.

"Thank you, John. I had a lovely time." John kissed Y/N's hand and left, smiling.

-:-:-:-

Laurens and Y/N were writing to one another every day. One day, one of the soldiers told the whole battalion that the British were supposedly planning a sneak attack, and to be ready...

John was aware, but didn't think it would actually happen. They had lost a battle in the same area so mrecently, it didn't make sense for them to try again! But he was wrong.

The next day, the soldiers heard a gun shot. They quickly rushed to the battlefield, a few soldiers feeling somewhat unprepared. John was one of them. He was soft, and wasn't really good at off-guard confrontation. However, he trudged on. Shooting red coats one-by-one, watching each one fall down as he no-scoped their added. He felt good. But that table turned quickly.

John felt a burning in his stomach. He looked down, seeing a big blood stain.  The world turned a bright white, and John fell to the ground.