Lin x Reader (2)

This chapter will be in third person.

A little bit later, Y/N and Lin got further into their practice. Everything was going well. Then it was time for Y/Ns' belt. (Pronoun note: I'm going to use the pronouns for females, because Peggy and Maria are played by girls, and in the first chapter in first person the protagonist is a woman. but if it bothers u pls let me know) She felt nervous, even though she knew she had the capability to hit that note, and even go beyond it.

"If you pay, you-" For some reason, she felt incredibly nervous. A pit in her stomach formed as she continued to reach the note. Why was she so nervous? It couldn't be Lin; she barely knew this man.

"-can stay!" Like she expected, the note went smoothly. She was so excited, she couldn't even tell Lin stopped. Yes, Lin was supposed to keep singing, but he just stared at Y/N in shock. However, she continued singing, not really paying attention until Lin hunched over in his chair to turn off the speaker. She shot her head up.

"What? Do we need to do it again?" She said, laughing a little.

"I would love to hear you hit that note a million times over. Holy crap."

Y/N didn't really know what to say. She was speechless for the first time in her life.

"S-sorry, I just need a second to comprehend everything. Lin Miranda, one of the most amazing humans alive, just, what I assumed to be a compliment, complimented my singing. I can die happy."

"Well I'm glad it means that much to you. Let's finish the song, and then maybe block it a little on the stage?" Lin asked Y/N, waiting for her approval on the idea.

"Great." She said with a large smile on her face.

A little bit later, they finished a run-through of the song. It was the slightest bit awkward to moan 'yes' in a song with a new friend to Y/N, in all honesty. But she wasn't complaining. Lin popped out of his seat and rubbed his hands together like an evil villain of some sort. He grabbed Y/N by the wrist and they sprinted for the stage. They both couldn't wait to block it, but they just didn't really say anything. Lin was curious. He wanted to know a little more about what this girl was about. Whenever she looked away to check her phone, he would examine her. It took a couple of looks to really analyze her face a little better than he had when looking at her headshots. She was beautiful to Lin.

Eventually, they got to the first part of semi-blocking that little kids would call
a transmitter of cooties.

"Okay, so, what we were thinking, was that when I start singing 'Oh my god, she looks so helpless,' you would approach me slowly from where we blocked the last part." Lin said, with Y/N nodding in agreement and understanding as he spoke. "Then when I got to 'and her body's saying, 'hell yes.'' you would act like you're about to kiss me, and right before our lips touch you'd spin around and away, almost like you were teasing- well, Alex, and walk back to where you were before while you sing your 'whoa'. Does that make sense?"

"Yeah." Y/N was smart and could understand what he was trying to say. So, they went from the top and worked their way towards that part. It went fine. Lin could almost feel butterflies. That was weird, he never felt nervous when he kissed Karen or her understudies way back when.

"Okay, that went good." He said, trying to brush off anything he was feeling. "So you'll stay where you are now, turned away from me. Then I go 'Lord, show me how to say no this I don't know how to say no to this. And in my mind I'm tryna' go: 'go, go, go.' Then her mouth is on mine and I don't say-' And when everybody yells 'no!' you begin to walk towards to me and, well, this is where we kiss. And it's not exactly short, pretty much up until right before my next line. So let's try that."

"Okay!" She said. She didn't underestimate the fact that this would be a really good song.

"And in my mind, I'm tryna' go: 'go, go, go.' Then her mouth is on mine and I don't say- 'no!'' The theatre remained quiet as Y/N turned around and began to approach Lin, considering that this was the instrumental track and nobody else was there with them. That made it a little awkward, but Lin was intrigued. It felt more realistic that way, and that's kind of what he wanted. He could tell he would probably begin to develop feelings for Y/N. She was so beautiful, agreeable, funny, and sweet. But his mind was getting off-track, he had to focus.

"- say no to this!" "No! No!"

-- After the area where those lines would take place, Y/N made her way towards Lin. And they kissed. They both felt a little nervous. But Lin felt fireworks. It was love at first sight for him. Now he knew it was his job to make her fall for him. Like he had warned Y/N, the kissed lasted for a while. Lin kind of zoned out from the queue, and when Y/N went to pull away, he continued to kiss her. But she didn't object. She just let him have it. Lin finally realized he had done something wrong, and pulled away.

"Sorry, just zoned out. Old man Miranda is really getting old!" He joked, Y/N just believed it and laughed.

"Anyways, then you exit the stage until I confront you. So, that's enough work for today; we got a good amount done."

"Great. Thanks for this opportunity!" Y/N said cheerfully.

"Yeah, of course. I have a question, actually."

"Shoot."

"When we asked in the interview why you chose to sing Burn, you said it meant something important to you, but it was really personal and you would be happy to share it if we had to know. I objected, but, would you mind if I asked now?" Lin said, making sure she approved of his question.

"Oh, yeah. Basically.... well..." She started to stutter, wondering how she would explain her story. "My boyfriend, now ex-boyfriend, of about 11 months cheated on me while I was visiting my relatives." Lin's curious smile dropped. "It was literally Eliza's story. That's why I sang it." She said, giving a half-hearted smile to Lin.

"I'm so sorry." Lin responded, bringing her into a bear hug.

"I would never do that to anyone... to you." Lin whispered. But it was so quiet, Y/N couldn't even understand him even if his mouth was right next to his ear.

"What'd ya say?"

"Nothing important." Lin said, smiling as they continued to hug.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow," Y/N said. "Have a good night, Lin." She finished as she left the theatre. Lin was wowed. He wasn't developing a likeliness for Y/N. He already liked her.

CONTINUED IN ANOTHER CHAPTER AYYYY SORRY THIS CHAPTER'S JUST GETTING RLY LONG