Alexander x Reader (3)

The time came for Y/N to go chemistry. She was anticipating it for the whole day, but she was also quite nervous. They were getting their lab partners for the rest of the school quarter today. She had some hopes that she would get partnered with Alexander, for she already knew him, and it would be quite convenient, considering their lockers are next to each other's. He was also rumored to be incredibly intelligent. That was always a feature she had looked for...

That was frivolous behavior. School was strictly an academic boost, it always had been for Y/N. That was mainly because nobody had a crush on her in high school, though. It made Y/N believe it just wasn't for her.

Alexander walked into chemistry, but before he could take 2 steps he was on the ground. He had run into Y/N. That could technically be plus one or minus one peg. He decided that, for now, he would give Laurens the benefit of the doubt and count it as minus one.

Y/N was laughing her butt off at the matter. Some of the class was giggling as well, and Y/N finally said (Laughing in between every word she spoke):
"I- was- gonna- go- pee- and- then- that- happened- HAHA!"

They both stood up, and Y/N had to cling on to Alex to stand, she thought it was that funny. Alex received joy out of this, for he had never seen this side of Y/N. Then again, they had only been acquainted for 2 days now.

"Alright, settle down." The teacher, Professor George, said. The whole auditorium went quiet. "I will post your partners on the wall at the end of class."
Great. More waiting, both of them thought. Alex sat a row behind Y/N, grabbing the seat right behind her. He watched her as she vigorously took unnecessary notes. That made Alex admire his potential love interest even more.

Time passed very slowly for the two of them. They just wanted their lab partners already.