The Awakening

Indigo Plateau, Kanto

"Sir, we need to evacuate quickly!"

Lance sighed, "okay, give me a few minutes. I want to take in a last look of this place"

Lance looked out his window and took in the sight. He was in awe, he was gonna miss this place. It would take a while to rebuild it after the whole war is over. He hoped that Ash would awaken soon and stop it before everything gets too out of hand. He continued to think about the scenery until the doors came down

"WHERE IS HE!" a mahogany hair boy yelled as he came barging in the room

Lance turned around and frowned, "Gary Oak, its been a long time"

Gary was furious, he didn't have time for a chit chat. "Lance don't play games with me, quit stalling and tell me where he is! Nobody goes out to train and doesn't come back for 3 years! What did you do with Ash!" the boy asked angrily.

Lance sighed and turned back to the window, "it's beautiful isn't it? All the views of Mt Silver. All so gorgeous, but soon will be destroyed."

Gary got even more ticked, "Lance I told you I don't have time for your bullshit! Cut to the chase and tell me where Ash is!"

Lance struggled to answer, "it won't be no use anyways" he mumbled

Gary got up close to him. He grabbed his shirt and pushed him against a wall, "Lance if you don't tell me where he is in the next 30 seconds, I will kill you"

Lance just stared at the boy, he then finally broke. "YOU DONT THINK I WANT HIM HERE JUST AS MUCH AS YOU GUYS? WHEN I TOOK HIM INTO TRANING HE BECAME LIKE A SON TO ME. HE TRAINED HARDER THAN I EVER DID. HE WAS A ROLE MODEL TO ME WHILE TRAINING HIM. EVEN IF I TELL YOU, YOU CANT GET BACK THERE. ITS CLOSED OFF! ARECUS BLOCKED OFF THAT PART OF THE MOUNTAIN TO HIDE ASH AWAY! NO ONE CAN GET TO IT! IM SORRY! I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO! I THOUGHT ARECUS WOULD LET HIM REAWAKE BY NOW BUT IM WRONG. IM SORRY!" He then started to break down and cry.

His snap left Gary in shock. Gary knew he wasn't lying. He put him down and hugged Lance

"I'm sorry Lance..." Gary managed to say

"No its my fault. I thought I was doing the right thing. I didn't think Arceus would make him be like this for this long. He was like my son"

Gary hugged him again, "so you say I can't get to him even if I tried?"

Lance looked up, "its what Arecus told me. He also told me they would be in a cave that is at the end of another cave. He said it in a riddle type of way. He said, "when one cave ends, another one begins. There you will find the chamber. The chamber of secrets for Ash Ketchum"

Gary looked at him with determined eyes, "I'm going to find him. Lance get out of here while you can. We will make these people pay"

Lance nodded and got his stuff and got out. Him and Gary got outside the league building. Lance was about to leave but turned to Gary, he then had sorrow in his eyes. "If you do find his chamber, make sure you can get out quick. By the time you reach it, the bomb will be close. Arecus will protect Ash. He always had the past 3 years. That's why he's the chosen one" Gary looked back and nodded an agreement. Lance then got on his Dragonite and flee out of the way.

Gary went to the bottom of Mt Silver, he was about to enter until Brock and Clement called him.

"Did you find Lance?" Brock asked

"Yes, he gave me a hint where Ash is. He said where one cave ends, another one begins. That's where you'll find the chamber. Hey Clement, do you know when they will drop the bomb?"