Chapter 1: My Life

*IVY'S POV*

I wake up to my stupid alarm clock. I don't see why I get up so early to get ready I know I'll never be good enough.

I get out of bed to get dressed and put make-up over my bruises. I might be asking why I have bruises. Did I fall? No, but that's what I tell teachers if they accidentally see them. I actually get them from my brother and kids at my school.

My mom and dad are in rehab for meth and heroine addiction. My brother blames me for it though I had nothing to do with it. He blames me for him having to work 2 jobs and being stressed. So, he goes out to the pub every night and comes home to beat me 'til he falls asleep.

Most people think going to school would be my escape from it all but to be honest it's no better.

My only release is my razor. It is the only thing that doesn't judge me.

I walk down the stairs to see my brother. I make my way towards the door.

"Aren't you going to eat something?" he asked me.

"No, I'm not hungry" I said politely.

"You're such a bitch!" he yelled as he marched toward me. I have no where to run so I stay in my place. He hits me repeatedly until he tells me to leave for school. 

I walk out the door to see a boy coming out of the house next door. He must be new because no one has lived there for 5 years.

I took a close look at the boy. He had curly hair and a tall build. He looked over at me. he waved and I ignored him knowing he was going bully me soon enough.

***AUTHOR'S NOTE***

Thank you for reading please vote and comment!