Chapter 4: Don't They Notice?

*IVY'S POV*

Once we check out at the office we start our journey to my house. We were walking in silence when Harry stepped in front of me and says

"Why do you let them hurt you like that?"

"Because there's nothing I can do about it" I said trying to make my way around him but he gets infront of me again.

"Yes there is. You can tell a teacher or your parents. Don't they see your bruises?" he asks.

"I don't live with my parents. They're in rehab. I live with my brother" I say.

"Well doesn't he wonder about the bruises?" he questioned.

"No. He doesn't" I stated bluntly.

"Oh." he said. I was hoping that would be the last of our conversation but I was wrong.

"How do you have so many bruises?"

"I fell" I said hoping he'd believe it.

"There's no way you'd have that many bruises just from falling" he said.

"Why do you even care?" I asked.

"Because I heard your cries this morning" he said. I was shocked. Does everyone here me scream?

"Oh" I said quietly.

"Ivy, I want to help you. You can come over to my house whenever you want to. Okay?" he said.

"Okay. Thank you"

We continued walking and we soon arrived at my house. I looked at the door afraid to even walk up to it.

"Do you want to come over to my house for awhile?" he asked.

"Um" I was deciding the consequences of going home or going to his house. Get beat for leaving school and being 'weak' or going to Harry's house where I won't get beat. 

"Yeah can we go to your house?" I ask.

"Absolutely" he said with a caring smile and we walked to his house.