Don't face fears it leads to heartbreak

I know how Lydia came In and had like a big dramatic entrance but no I don't want that to happen here if you cannot tell I very much dislike Lydia not the actress the character ok she messed it up my ship and everything. She's not supposed to exist people her last name was cut short when Charlotte in the infernal devices (spoiler alert for people not having read clockwork angel) became the (I'm not even going to attempt to spell it cause I'm awful at spelling) she became the head of the clave I'll put it that way so her and Henry decided to let their kids take Fairchild as their last name so there should be no more people with Henry last name unless they had some weird uncle or cousin with the last name.

Sorry about the rant but it had to be said.

Emily POV

"Magus I don't care I don't want to go back" I said laying back on the couch.

"Emily it's just a ex boyfriend don't let him take away your home ok" Magus replied shaking his head.

"I still love him Magnus ok I broke up with him because his mother is going to make him marry ok I'm not good enough with my parents choosing to not be shadowhunters and Hodge was part of the circle. I say

"And now I'm staying at my ex boyfriend place because I'm a chicken to face his family and that supposed clave member that has come to watch over the institute.

"Clave member?" Magus asks.

"Yea Izzy been texting me telling how where clave rules were broken they had to have someone come and babysit them maryse is not happy" I say.

"I would say so " he says sitting down on a chair across from the couch.

"She blames it on me saying that I was a distraction to Alec and now he and this clave member are spending a lot of time together as Izzy tells me"

"And she's a girl by the way" I say raising up grabbing my phone that when off.

"Emily it's been almost a week go back so that they know that you're safe" magus says.

"Oh don't worry I am now" I say getting uo grabbing my jacket and slipping it on.

"What happen?" He asks raising up as well.

"The clave member demands to see me for some reason and Izzy is worried about me so time to face my fears" . I say

"Go and make Alec miss you too" he says smiling"I think I have the perfect outfit too"

"No I'll be fine thanks for letting me stay here take care okay" I say halfway out the door.

"Fine wow him with your personality like that will work"  he said before I shut the door.

Time skip to the institute ➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰

"Where's the clave member again?" I ask Izzy.

"Lydia and In that room to your left " She replies

"Okay thanks" I start walking to the door and when I get there I see Alec on one knee in front of Lydia.

"Lydia branwel will you do me the honor of marring me? " he asks her.

Before she can answer I say with tears threatening to spill out "nice welcome home present Alec thanks" tears down my cheeks Alec and Lydia look up at me in shock.

I bolted from the room running away from heartbreak to my room the safe place here I hope.

"Emily please wait" I hear behind me but I can't stand to look back I can't stand to look at him.

I run in my room only to be meet by his smell his shirt on the floor that I used to wear to sleep.

I lean against the door to cry till no more tears fall.