Chapter Eight

Spencer's POV
"Oh my, you will not believe what I found" Garcia asks and we all gather around the laptop.

"What is it" Emily's the first one to ask

"They were doing experiments, he tried to fix himself." she tells us glancing at Mason as he laughs hysterically. His phone suddenly starts to ring and Garcia is the first one to answer.

"Her name is Kelly" she whispers to us continuing to ask our victim Kelly questions.
"She's in the woods with Lucas" as the line went dead

"Do we hav.." as I'm about to say Garcia provides a location and we all head toward the location. I hope we get there in time.

"Kelly" we all call
I hear her screaming but I can't see her.
Kelly calls again for help and I notice the underground lair hatch. I lift it up seeing stairs surrounded by darkness.
No. I can't go down there. It's dark. I can't.
"You're weak boy"

"NOOO" Derek screams and I hear the gunshot ring through my ears.

No no no, she can't be dead. It will all be my fault; I was a coward. It's to late, I was to late.

SWAT enters the underground and returns up the stairs with Lucas in hand cuffs.

"She's dead" I hear

This is all my fault and I know everyone here is thinking it. If I would have just gone down there, she could be alive.

"I'm sorry Kelly" I whisper to myself

They bring Kelly's body up and put her in a bodybag and I stare at her body. She was a beautiful girl and she was probably smart and funny. She had a family and people who loved her. She had her whole life ahead of her. College, marriage, children and I ruined all of her chances of even having that life.

"You're weak boy" and for the first time as I heard his voice ring in my ear I know that he was right and I deserved this pain and suffering.