Chapter Nineteen

I head back into the room real quiet and hear JJ sniffle and turn her head toward the door.

"I'm okay" she whispers but I don't listen to her. I crawl into the bed and wrap my arm around her calming her down slightly. She turns her head placing it into my chest and I start stroking her hair remembering how my mom used to do the same when I was a child, although it's a lot different when it's the girl you have a crush on. I start laughing at myself for having a crush on a girl who would never feel the same way about me. JJ looks up at me, her bright blue eyes piercing into my soul soothing my body, making me more relaxed with her. She has a tendency to always make me feel safe and calm.

"What are you laughing at" JJ asks already looking like she's in a better mood.

"I just uh was thinking about how I'm going to murder Will" I say sarcastically not wanting to share what I was really thinking about.

"Oh yeah and what did you come up with." She says giggling making me smile.

"Well, I could either run him over but I realized I don't drive and I don't have a vehicle that would be suitable to run over someone as senseless as him." I say making JJ laugh even more

"And then there's plan B where I try to kill him with my super aggressive powerful fist" but then I realized that I can't even beat Emily in an arm wrestle so what chance do I have there right." I softly let out a laugh

JJ giggles again and comments "Maybe we should leave this up to Derek Morgan"

"That might be the best. I also don't want to be the one going to prison." I chuckle and we sit in silence for a while.

Sorry I can't protect you" I shortly add

Your weak, hearing his voice again in my head trying to shake it out, I won't let him ruin this moment

"You are protecting me, your always there for me. You're like my knight in shining armour" She says making me blush

"Really, Spence I'm really glad to have you in my life" she adds looking up at me again. We stare into each other's eyes and I start to lean in resting my forehead on hers.

She lets out a breath she was holding and I feel her hand come out from under the blankets and cup the jaw of my face. I place my hand lower on her back still being respectful. I let out a breath myself and stare at her lips, desperately wanting to kiss her, yet not wanting to miss. I've only kissed one girl in my life Lila Archer so I wouldn't really say I'm experienced with girls. Just then JJ leans closer to me our lips almost touching, she bites her lips and my heart starts pounding ready to bounce out of my chest as I hear the next words come out of her mouth.

"Kiss me" she whispers and so I did