Chapter Twenty-Four

"You deserve to be happy." Hotch says

"How am I supposed to be happy?" I ask confused

"Only you can answer that" He says being stubborn as always. I look at him sternly wanting a real answer letting him continue.

"Okay, well for starters, you need to stop what you're doing, Spencer this isn't healthy and you're going to end up killing yourself with the way you're going with things." He says truthfully and I get up to go into the living room.

"And then what?" I ask looking down still wanting his advice.

"Well, you find something that you love and you focus on that" he replies.

"I love my job, and I lov-" I was going to say JJ but I quickly stopped myself realizing how crazy I was about to sound.

"JJ?" He asks raising an eyebrow at me

"That is not what I was going to say, What I was going to say is I love working with all of you." I save myself hiding my smile.

"I talked to Strauss about you coming back and she said no" he says and my jaw lowers.

"I understand" I say letting my voice crack, wondering what i was going to do now.

"I'm just joking, I was trying to lighten the mood." Hotch says chuckling, which is odd because I don't think I've ever heard Hotch laugh.

"Not funny" I say throwing the small pillow on the couch at him, only having him catch it with one hand.

"I talked her into letting you come back, but she demanded a few things from you. She wants you to go to a support group for those in law enforcement, it's supposed to be a good program. Also, you will be working with Garcia until Erin and I see improvement so you will be staying behind on cases."

"Okay, I can do that." I nod thinking that it could be worse. I couldn't have a job at all.

"She also wants you to tell the rest of the team"

"Fuck" I say covering my mouth really quickly "Sorry" What are they going to say? More importantly, what is JJ going to say?

Just then my phone rings and I grab my bag and answer the call

"Hey, can I come over?" JJ's voice through the phone instantly makes me smile and I look at Hotch.

"Hotch is here, but yes you may come over" I nod realizing she can't see me anyway.

"Okay I will be there in 10, see you then." She says, hanging up the phone.

"It's nice you're, looking out for her." Hotch says

"What do you mean?" I question him

"I know what divorce papers look like." I look down remembering how JJ left them here. "And I know for a fact that you're not married. JJ also did wear her wedding ring today, and she never takes that thing off. She usually is staring at it at least 3 times a day." Hotch adds and I laugh because when you're as good as a profiler you really can't hide anything from him no matter how hard you try.