Chapter Eighteen

"HE'S DIVORCING YOU, WHY WOULD HE DO THAT?" I yell making JJ jump a little bit "Sorry I didn't mean to yell, it's just I'm so shocked I thought everything was going well with you two?"

"Well not really, but I didn't think he was going to divorce me." she sighs looking down embarrassed and ashamed.

"I mean we have been fighting a lot recently about stupid things. He was always complaining about my long work hours, when he was the one never home, always making excuses. I don't know maybe I just didn't expect him to do this." she adds and I take her hand and give it a good squeeze, letting her know I'm here for her.

"Also, let's not forget about the fact that he thinks we have feelings for each other." She says staring into my eyes making me I gulp not speaking and letting her continue.

"I just I don't know where I'm going to live or what I'm going to do now." she says.

"Well, you can always stay here until you figure things out" I reply rubbing her back. Is this how you comfort woman? I don't know what to do, I'm new at this.

"You can take my bed tonight and I will take the couch." I add

"Thank you for everything Spencer. Thank you, it really means a lot to me." she says looking up and giving me a small smile melting my heart.

"Come on I'll get you all tucked in" I tease jokingly leading her to my bedroom.

"If you need anything just let me know" I say handing her one of my long T-shirts to change into. She turns around and slips off her old one off and I instantly start sweating making my way to the door.

"Goodnight Jay J" I say turning the light off and making my way out.

I get settled on the couch and slowly start to drift off to sleep until soft muffled cries break my eyes open causing my mind to ramble.

Do I go in and comfort her? This all feels like a dream! Like what do I do! Maybe I should leave her alone, maybe she doesn't want me in there.

I slap myself in the face lightly trying to get all my thoughts to shut up and make my way to the bedroom where my best friend lies broken.

Looks like you're not the only one who's hurting.