Chapter Twenty-Six

"Can we talk" Derek asks as I unlatch the door. I was hoping it was JJ finally coming to talk to me. It had now been 3 days of everyone avoiding me and not saying a single word. To be fair I was hiding out in my apartment that I had trashed from head to toe. I was hurt and angry but most of all I was alone. I felt like I had let everyone down and it really sucked. Hotch said it was because they "needed time" to process everything but I knew it was because they were all mad that I didn't tell them in the first place.

"Did a bomb go off?" Derek asks trying to step over the papers on the floor, they were JJ's that I didn't really care if they got ruined at this point. I kicked my foot spreading them out even more. Derek moved over to the couch that was covered in blankets and books where I had been sleeping. He stood there unsure if he should move the filth off my couch. I don't think he's uses to me being this messy. I know I'm not.

"What are you doing here?" I ask finally breaking the tension. If he was going to be here I wanted him to at least be straight up about why.

"Look, Reid, I'm sorry for how I acted when you told us. I know how hard that must have been for you and we all acted like it was about us."

"Thank you. I'm sorry too" I whisper

"It's okay I'm just glad you're doing okay"

"Yeah.." I mumble looking around the room, trying to clear up a seat so he can sit down. I threw some pillows across the room and tossed the blanket on the floor where it covered most of the papers.

"Well for the most part" he says, and we laugh together which felt really good.

"Look man I am sorry I never told you" I said sincerely

"Why didn't you" he asks, and I sigh.

"I'm not like you, you literally aren't afraid of anything. I have so many fears man." I add watching him turn his watch around. "I'm weak" I whisper admitting it to myself. Tobias is right.

"I'm afraid of losing the people I care about Reid." He says.