Chapter Seventeen

Spencer's POV
I wake up to the sound of a harsh knock on my door and I crawl out of my burrito position and peek through the peephole hoping it's not Hotch. I don't think I can face him after I completely blew of my counselor or whatever you call it.

"JJ?" I grin as I see her beautiful blonde hair through the hole. I take another look and notice the tears falling down her cheek and I quickly unlock the door to open it.

"JJ what's wrong?" I ask concerned about my friend who is clearly not well.

"Will.. h.. hee" she tries to speak but tears roll down her cheek again and I pull her into my apartment closing the door and give her a rare Spencer hug.

"Don't let go" she chokes out as I was about to let go. I kiss her forehead and take her hand to the couch.

"Here sit" I whisper wrapping a blanket over top of her and heading into the kitchen to make her some tea.

Girls like tea right? What if she doesn't like tea? I flip through the cupcoard aimlessly and pull out a package of green tea. How do you make this? I ask while reading the directions. Come on Spencer really it's just tea stop freaking out. You have no reason to freak out! Or maybe you do, since you know the girl you have loved for the past like 6 years is just sitting on your couch crying. I think you can at least make some tea.

I put the tea bag into a cup of hot water and wipe my sweaty hands on a towel and head back to the living room. Please don't spill please.

"Careful its hot" I nervously say handing her the tea.
why did I say that? no shit it's hot

"Thank you" she says sniffling while taking a sip
oh no does she hate it? I think to myself

"If you don't like it you don't have to drink it, To be honest I don't even know how old it is? Does tea even get old? I can try and.. "

"No, no it's good thank you" she interrupts while laughing

God, her smile is beautiful

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I ask curious

"No. I'm fine, well maybe not. I just didn't have anywhere to go so I ended up coming here and If you want me to I can leave" she says almost to tears again

"I'm glad you came here, you're always welcome here you know that" I say nervously.

We sit in awkward silence while she takes another sip of her tea and then she hands me a folder.

"Will he uhh.. he handed me this tonight when I got home from work." she sobs. I take out the papers and read the headline and my heart breaks for her and I start to get angry.

"HE'S DIVORCING YOU? WHY WOULD HE DO THAT?"