Chapter 3

Morgan watched the High Prince, the dark aura clinging to Zeref like the chains of a slave. Not once throughout their journey to the Sapphire Kingdom did he smile. His eyes were forever staring into the distance, empty and void of emotion, an air of hopelessness.

"High Prince Zeref?" Morgan had said during one of their breaks.

Dull blue eyes blinked up at him, "Yes?"

Morgan settled himself next to the prince, watching his dark hair cast a somber look on his pale features, "You seem down. What plagues you?"

Zeref  said nothing, his fingers gently tracing the intricate designs of his sword, "Going to the Amber wedding was my last chance in finding true love," he said after awhile, his hand clenching the hilt. Morgan frowned, curiously watching the dejected creature, the prince's thumb gently sliding over the sharp edge of the blade. Anger flashed through his eyes, causing his thumb to press against the metal, slicing through the tender skin. Ribbons of blood rising in detailed swirls, catching the attention of the prince.

It bothered Morgan, almost as if the future Sapphire King had become suicidal.

"Did you hear what happened to Elric?" Atlantis said, bringing Morgan out of his thoughts.

He arched a brow, "No, what happened?"

Atlantis smirked, "Oh Morgan, you should've seen the poor man. After Ava found out about Elric and Roni she challenged him to a duel. While the Queen was left unscathed, Elric was left with cuts and bruises."

Morgan's brows widened, "What? Why?"

"Something about deflowering her son," Atlantis shrug.

Morgan laughed, rolling his eyes, "I do pity Elric. He is merely lucky Jonas is with Ava to reign in her temper."

The prince nodded before glancing at Zeref, "Do you think you can help him?" Morgan gave a soft sigh, watching the High Prince take his place in front of the small group when the large, glowing Sapphire Palace came into view.   

"I don't know Atlantis."

*****

He awoke to voices.

Two, he thought, his ears picking up their words.

"How long will it take him to wake up?" one voice said followed by shuffling.

"I don't know, but we must stay too keep watch," the second one said.

Hands touched his ribs, something cool spreading over his skin. Another hand was pressed against his forehead, a cool cloth quickly replacing it. Where was he? Who were those voices?

"He's looks like handsome little thing, don't you think?" said one voice. It was similar to the second one but yet different, almost as if the first voice found the world perpetually funny.

"You trying to make me jealous?" The second one said, his voice deep, each phrase rolling off his tongue in poetic phrases.

Their bickering forced his eyes open, the bright sky greeting his rather blurry vision. It took him a few moments to adjust to the light before he could finally see properly.

"Oh look, he is awake," the voice said, his face appearing into his line of vision. The man looked strange, unearthly even.

Blue was the word that came into mind. Blue hair grew from his skull, wets strands draping over his tattooed soldier, dark blue brows framing his heavily lashed eyes. A tattoo covered part of the man's face, stretching down his neck and following the curve of his slender shoulder.

He swallowed, his eyes curiously watching the beautiful man, "Who are you?" he said after awhile.

The man smiled, his blue eyes twinkling, "I am Castor."

"And I am Pollux," another one said, an identical face appearing in his line of vision.

His brows furrowed, "You're twins."

They both nodded, a smile gracing their handsome features, "We are," they both said.

He merely huffed and tried to sit up but the pain that sliced up his side nearly made him fall back if it weren't for the two sets of hands that kept him from doing so.

"Are you alright? You're severly wounded," Castor said, his brows furrowed in concern.

He swallowed glancing down his body. It seemed as if his body had been stripped bare of his clothes, a singed pair of boxers covering his male anatomy. His state of nudity didn't shock him as much as he expected, but what bothered him the most was injuries that covered his body. Bruises covered his entire body, second degree burns stretching over his sore arms. He swallowed, bile threatening to spill from his lips but he held it back as he tried to glance at his torso. It was in worse shape. Skin swelled in diferent parts of his torso, especially around the ribs, purple black bruises covering his skin.

How did he get like this?

With every breath his took, pain came along with it. Tears pricked the corner of his eyes, quickly noticed by the two men behind him, "Oh please don't cry," Pollux said, wiping away the tears with his thumb.

"I don't understand," he said, "Why am I like this?"

"You fell from a cliff. A burning one at that," Castor said, wiping away the other tear.

He didn't understand. He had no memory of ever falling from a cliff, nor did he know why.

"Do you have a name?" Pollux mumured, his blue eyes boring into his as if he tried to read his mind. He frowned. Did he have a name? What was it? Why couldn't he remember?

He could feel himself begin to hyperventilate, "I-I d-don't know," he said between gasps.

"It's okay," Castor said, "Just take deep breaths. In. Out. In. Out." He obeyed, his erratic breaths slowly becoming normal. "Good," Castor murmured.

"Great," Pollux huffed as he shifted across the sand, his blue tail dragging behind him.

His eyes grew wide. A merman? He glanced at the other man, an exact copy of the blue tail connecting to Castor's torso. Why was this a surprise? Did he always know mers? Was he even a mer?

Castor stayed by his side, bringing a small stone bowl filled with strange blue liquid, "Here," he murmured as he raised the bowl to his lips, "It will help numb the pain."

He obeyed, letting the blue liquid pass through his lips, it's warmth spreading down his body and numbing the pain that seemed to end to his toes.

"I'm going to the palace," Pollux said, his body glistening with the water that splashed against his scaly body, "Hopefully Zeref is there," he murmured before dissapearing benath the waves.

"Who is Zeref?" he asked through the haze that took over his min
Castor merely smiled, "He is my older brother. Hopefully he'll know what to do with you."

For some reason it didn't provide him any comfort.

"Where are my clothes?" he said, looking at the merman.

Castor shifted a bit, a lump of singed black clothes in his hands, "They're not really usuable anymore."

He didn't care, he needed to find something that he was sure should be there. He grabbed the pants, his burned fingers digging into the pockets until they found a lump of leather. He pulled out the wallet, several cards burned beyond recognition.

"What are you looking for?" Castor questioned.

"My ID," he murmured when he finally pulled out a card with a picture. A picture he could immediatly recognize as himself, a name printed beneath it.

Dimitri Romanov.

He could only smile. He did have a name.

"Dimitri Romanov," he murmured and glanced and the merman, "My name is Dimitri Romanov."

Vote & Comment :)
Who should I draw first? ;3