Chapter 10

Morgan shivered when he felt Atlantis's finger trail down his back, "Do any more of that and I'll take you right here and now," the witch muttered under his breath.

The ex prince snickered, "You know you can't resist me, love."

The witch's green gaze slid over to the red haired male. The gold crown no longer rested on his head, the gold armbands laid with emerald gems being the only marking that signified him as a royal.

A very naughty one at that, Morgan thought when he felt the fingers near his sore arse. Without remorse he slapped the wandering hand away, "Not right now Atlantis! We're in public!"

Atlantis pouted and rubbed the wounded hand, "It's not my fault! I wanted us to go to a room but no," he drawled, "You wanted to come to Aceso's ceremony."

Morgan rolled his eyes, "How many times do I have to tell you that Aceso saved my life?"

Arms wrapped around his waist, "But you didn't have to come," Atlantis mumbled into his neck, his lips pressing soft kisses over the sensitive skin. Morgan glanced around him, a few disapproving stares from the other mers. Not wanting to scar Atlantis's image anymore, he gently nudged him away, "Atlantis, we should go and meet with Aceso and congratulate her and the child."

The merman merely nodded and followed Morgan through the crowd, his sensitive ears picking up the whispers, that followed.

What a disgrace to the Emerald Royalty.

I heard Atlantis isn't even the King's brother. Just an adopted child. Where else would someone's hair be so red?

Morgan winced and glanced at Atlantis. Gold eyes meet his, glittering with adoration. 

Of course, he thought, with a soft smile. The young merman no longer cared about the whispered that lingered about him. He knew how much Atlantis loved the witch, over and over the prince had proved it to him.

He glanced back towards his goal, the Diamond King and Queen coddling their tiny Prince. A small babe with blue eyes and hazel flecks, framed with white lashes. Beside them stood the Emerald King and Queen, their own son in the arms of the massive king.

"Morgan!" Ren said, her silver eyes lighting up with delight, "I thought you'd left already!"
Morgan chuckled, "Not yet, I wished to give my goodbyes to the small children before a part to the Sapphire kingdom."

Aceso tilted her head, "Does it have something to do with the letter?"

Morgan nodded grimly. From what Castor described, it seemed the young king would soon be forced into a marriage and the chances of Dimitri and Zeref coming together are becoming rather slim.

"I'm sure everything will come out alright," Ren said with a smile.

"We can only hope," he murmured.

**********

Two days.

That's how long Dimitri had pondered over Zeref's predicament and it was driving him absolutely insane. What bothered him the most was that visits from the twins and Zeref ceased, leaving him alone to think about the man he had in his arms a few days ago. The soft skin and plump lips that seemed to replay in his mind with Zeref pleading beneath him.

"Dammit," Dimitri hissed through clenched teeth, his arms yanking at the handmade rope and tying it around a bamboo. A survival skill that Dimitri vaguely remembered, along with a few others such as how to kill a man with a single prick of his blade.

It frightened him. What was before he had been rescued? His wallet didn't say much, and the little he had had been burned beyond recognition. He would've thought more on his previous life if it weren't for the current situation he found himself in. He wanted Zeref to come back, he wanted to tell him that he was willing to help raise a child, but what good would it do if he was merely a human and the child would be a mer? He could feel his feet guide him back towards the cove Zeref had shown him before, the high tide of the ocean slowly ebbing away for him to enter with the water only reaching the waist.

For some strange reason, he felt closer to Zeref here than where he had first made love to the merman. Perhaps it was the glowing blue crystals that reminded him of the merman's sapphire eyes and the scales that covered parts of his skin.

Dimitri glanced the handmade spear in his had, the blunt part resting in the water. He leaned into it, his lips parting in a silent whisper, "Zeref," he pleaded, "Come back."

*********

Zeref felt nauseous. His hand quickly darted to his stomach, the palm flat against his lower abdomen while the other cupped his mouth. He should've known how fast the symptoms of pregnancy developed within those that carried the Sapphire curse.

The pregnancy lasted four months, the child growing rapidly inside the womb. The rest of the kingdom merely thought that the Kings laid with their future wives before the wedding ceremony, another reason why his mother was adamant in  having him meet Lady Lillian three months before there wedding.

A fiancée I have no feelings for, he thought, glaring at the food that now repulsed him to his very core.

"Something wrong brother of mine?" Pollux said, his blue eyes blinking through blue strands as he chewed the fish meat.

Zeref shook his head as he swallowed the urge to vomit, "I'm fine. I must've eaten something that may have unsettled my stomach."

Castor snorted, "You know brother, you're a terrible liar," the twin teased.

Zeref tensed and glanced around the room, searching for any signs of his mother but found none. He glared at Castor, "Are you doubting me brother?"

Castor grinned, using his fork to play with his food, "Nonsense, I'm just implying that you should work better on that lying mask of yours."

Zeref merely curled his lip, "I'm going to bed."

"So early in the morning brother?" Pollux teased.

**********

Lilith grinned, watching the young prince leave the dining quarters with green gills. Everything was going perfectly according to plan, perhaps even better since a small spark of life was growing within Zeref's womb, a secret that Queen Seraphina definitely wanted to keep. Her disguise as Lady Lillian had bought so much advantage, the courts from other kingdoms insisted on her attendance. She avoided of course any of the kingdoms that the meddling witch had occupied. Nonetheless, the plan was to go forward and brings the darkness from the deepest pits of the ocean.

Her lips stretched into sinister smile, "Soon my little Prince," she whispered, "I will use you as my pawn."

Vote & Comment!!!

I based Zeref's appearance on Haru. I just absolutely adore him.

 I just absolutely adore him