Chapter 14

He looked beautiful.

Gone were the tattoos that made him look like a harsh predator ready to terrorize his prey. In his place was a humble lamb lead to the slaughter. A lamb that was decorated for the killing.

A single blue stripe passed through the middle of his lower plump lip, matching the blue hues that surrounded his eyes. Dark hair had been pulled away from his pale face, sapphire gems adorning the dark braid that fell past his waist, a waist that carried a silver belt and a sword with blue jewels on the hilt.

"Zeref," Dimitri whispered, blue eyes meeting one another, a strange sense of calm and relief settling on their shoulders.

Dimitri, Zeref mouthed, his blue eyes glittering with emotion.

"Who dares interrupt the ceremony?" a cold and calculating voice echoed through the throne room, seizing Dimitri's attention. The mermaid held no resemblance towards Zeref, her face too sharp and lips that were too thin, wrinkles that forked out the corner of her eyes.

"Dimitri Romanov," he said, the echo of his voice bouncing from one room to the other, "Host of the Sapphire God, Seraph."

"How dare you!" a shrill voice said, his eyes sliding towards a young mermaid, her skin the color of mocha and with eyes of the deepest violet. She looked like a bride dressed for the occasion, except the her expression of complete fury told the opposite. But all that changed. Her body had morphed, her hair turning into a pit of poisonous snakes, her nails had elongated, resembling like claws that were meant to pull out someone's heart, sharp teeth that could pierce the hardest bone and her violet eyes had turned into horizontal slits. Gasps of horror sounded through the crowd, several soldiers grasping their swords.

"Everyone abandon the throne room!" Atlantis said, many of the mers rising from their seats and escaping through the doors, others from the windows that were large enough for their bodies to swim through.

Get her while she is near, a soft voice echoed through his mind, allowing a pulse of power to release through Dimitri's body, the sudden change that followed making him gasp in surprise. The skin in his hands and forearms had harden into a glowing blue stone, molding into sharp blades with glowing symbols on the edges.

Aw, man. This is so cool, Dimitri thought before searching for the "mermaid" the was about to marry his lover. Through the frenzy, Dimitri could see the mermaid flung herself at Zeref, her nails wrapping around the prince's throat.

"Go no further!" the mermaid cried, her lips curled back into a snarl.

Remind me to never allow females that are outside of the bloodline to ever sit on the throne again, he heard Seraph mutter when he saw the Queen had fled. Only two merman remained behind, looking awfully similar like the queen but with fierce determination that Zeref had.

Castor and Pollux, he thought. It had been awhile since he had last seen the twin brothers, nearly impossible to recognize them with their strange attire and glittery makeup. They were in a fighting stance with one mirroring the other with their hands on their swords, hips rotated at the point that if the demon were to make a move, they wouldn't hesitate to strike out.

But at that moment, he didn't care about the twins, or Atlantis who was helping out to evacuate the people, or Morgan who was lurking in the shadows, waiting for the right moment to strike.

There was the young prince with his hands clasped around the wrist of his attacker, working his way to pry off the sharp talons without injuring himself. To see his lover held in such a rough manner, a danger that could not only injure him but the child that grew within Zeref's womb.

Lilith, Seraph thought towards Dimitri, she's a demon that is quite difficult to kill, but for now we can make her disappear.

"Let him go," Dimitri snarled, baring a pair of fangs that elongating to the point that it dug into his lower lip.

"Or what? You'll try to kill me?" Lilith sneered, her hand tightening around Zeref's neck, the claws drawing out ribbons of blood, "Let me go and I won't kill your precious lover."

"Over my dead body!" Morgan cried out, causing the Lilith to whirl.

It was as if everything had gone in slow motion. As his own body propelled forward, Morgan shot out a blast of dark green magic from his fingertips, searing the dark flesh of her back. The twins reached out for their brother with Pollux slicing cleanly through Lilith's forearm. Black blood tinted the water, Lilith's scream nearly shattering his eardrumms. Castor grabbed the nearly unconscious Zeref away, leaving the demon screaming in agony as Dimitri surged towards the female demon. He could feel the god control his body, arms placed in a certain angle with one in front and the other in the back. His upper torso turned, weapons raised above his head as he tail allowed him to twist his body as he moved, almost like that of a hurricane.

"Begone witch!" Dimitri shouted, as he felt the blades sink into the flesh of Lilith's torso, ignoring the pain that pierced his shoulder as he focused on breaking the spinal cord that held her monstrous form together.

"Not without you," she growled, the fingernails in his shoulder glowing a strange sahde of purple, black veins appearing around the wound. Zeref could feel the arm weaken, his body moving at a sluggish pace.

"He is coming," the dying mermaid said, her lips spread into a menacing grin, ribbons of dark blood coming from her mouth, "You can't stop him, none of your pesky little gods."

He felt the warmth of her blood touch his face, the burning sensation spreading over his skin, "But I can stop you," he said. With a grunt her finally broke her spine, blood clouding the area around him.

Dimitri could feel the poison of the blood burn his skin, the venom that Lilith had injected into his shoulder with her nails pulsing through his veins.

You did well, Seraph said into his mind, a soothing tone that relaxed the tense Dimitri.

And Zeref? Is he okay? Is the baby safe? He thought, staring into the ribbons of dark blood, his body paralyzed from the venom,

Aye, the heir and his child are well. Fret not young Dimitri, your blood carries through the veins of the unborn male.

So it's a boy, Dimitri thought with a smile before his eyes finally closed. And for the tiniest second, he thought he could hear someone calling his name.

O.O Let me know of your thoughts in the comments below! <3